30-Minute Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
This creamy chicken and wild rice soup is full of vitamin-rich veggies, chunks of chicken, nutty wild rice, and is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth (water and bullion works too)
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cups onion chopped
- 2 cups carrot chopped
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts raw, cubed 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt additional to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper additional to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you'd like it, add more or less
- 2 1/2 cups milk, cream, or half and half
- cornstarch slurry 1/2 cup cold water, 1/2 cup cornstarch mixed
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
In Instant Pot, add chicken broth and wild rice. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Release pressure immediately. Stir.
Add carrots, celery, onion, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and chicken cubes. Cook on high pressure for additional 5 minutes. Stir.
Set Instant pot to saute. Add milk, cream or half and half. Once the mixture begins to simmer, add half the cornstarch slurry. Heat and stir for 2-3 minutes until thickened. If you prefer it thicker, add remaining slurry and stir until thickened. Add parsley.
Serve with sour cream if desired.
If recipe is followed, wild rice will be softened but chewy. If you prefer your rice to be softer, cook rice for an additional 5-10 minutes then follow remainder of recipe.
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. Thanks!