- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth, (water and bullion works too)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrot, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, raw, cubed 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, additional to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, additional to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, depending on how spicy you'd like it, add more or less
- 2 1/2 cups milk, cream, or half and half
- cornstarch slurry, 1/2 cup cold water, 1/4 cup cornstarch mixed
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- In Instant Pot, add chicken broth and wild rice. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Release pressure immediately. Stir.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and chicken cubes. Cook on high pressure for additional 5 minutes. Stir.
- Set Instant pot to saute. Add milk, cream or half and half. Once the mixture begins to simmer, add half the cornstarch slurry. Heat and stir for 2-3 minutes until thickened. If you prefer it thicker, add remaining slurry and stir until thickened. Add parsley.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
If recipe is followed, wild rice will be softened but chewy. If you prefer your rice to be softer, cook rice for an additional 5-10 minutes then follow remainder of recipe.
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. Thanks!