The BEST Maple Pumpkin Bars
Yield: 15 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Moist, nutty Maple Pumpkin Bars, full of coconut, walnuts, pumpkin, warm fall-flavor spices and topped with sweet fluffy maple frosting.
Nutty Pumpkin Bars
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, plus additional to sprinkle on top
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2-2 tsp maple flavoring (Mapleline)
- 1/4 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Nutty Pumpkin Bars
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree; beat well.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spices together. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Mix until incorporated.
- Fold in walnuts and coconut flakes.
- Spread evenly in GREASED and lightly floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 23-25 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Whip together butter, powdered sugar, and maple flavoring. (2-3 minutes on medium to high speed).
- While mixer is on, slowly pour in cold heavy whipping cream. Whip for 1-2 minutes longer until light and fluffy. Frosting should be stiff but soft enough to spread onto bars. Add up to 1 extra cup of powdered sugar to stiffen (4 cups total).
This recipe can be adapted to make cookies. Use same instructions to make dough. Spoon 2-3 teaspoonful-size dough onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 15 minutes or until cookie springs back when lightly pressed in the middle.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2
Thanks Amy! They are so delicious, I have to have a plan for sharing otherwise I’ll eat the whole pan full. LOL
These sure do look perfect! I can not wait to try this recipe!❤️