- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups oat flour, ground oatmeal (I use my blender)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (1 1/3 cups) Heath baking chips, or 3/4 cup toffee bits and 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Add oat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix only until incorporated.
- Add health baking chips (toffee and chocolate) and chopped almonds. Mix until evenly dispersed.
- Scoop 1-inch balls onto lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes until cookie begins to brown. See notes for addition info on size and bake times.
1-inch cookie dough - yields 5-6 dozen. Bake time about 8 minutes at 350.
2-inch cookie dough - yields 2.5-3 dozen. Bake time 9-10 minutes at 350.
For extra large cookies, bake 12+ minutes.
To freeze dough, form in balls. Place dough on cookie sheet and freeze. Once frozen, place in freezer ziploc bags and store in freezer. Add 1-2 minutes to bake time if baking from frozen dough.