- 6 slices thick bread, cubed (about 12 oz)
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cream
- 6 oz evaporated milk, or regular milk if preferred
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 batch 5-minute Simple Berry Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Fill each cup with bread to the top.
- In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until blended and smooth. Add cream until blended.
- Scoop out enough mixture to fill empty sweetened condensed milk can (this will be used as the cream cheese topping before baking).
- To the remaining cream cheese mixture, add vanilla, eggs, milk and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Scoop about a 1/4 cup of egg mixture over each muffin tin cup filled with bread (about 2/3 full).
- Add a large spoonful of cream cheese topping to each cup (about 1-2 tablespoons).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until muffins have puffed and set in the middle.
If making a Bake, use 9x13-inch pan lightly greased. Bake for 30-40 minutes until puffed and set.
If making the night before, prepare as directed then refrigerate. Bake time may need to be increased 3-5 minutes because mixture will be cold before baking.