- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, fancy or fine shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 24 oz spaghetti sauce, whatever kind you prefer
- 1 1/2 spaghetti sauce jars hot water, 24 to 36 oz, but you may add up to 12 oz more if pasta is not covered
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix cheeses, eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together to make cheese filling.
- Using a piping bag or Ziploc bag with a Wilton No. 12 piping tip, pipe cheese filling into each uncooked rigatoni noodle. Place in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl or pitcher, mix spaghetti sauce and hot water. You want enough sauce to cover the pasta. Pour over stuffed pasta. It will be very liquidy. The pasta will absorb most of the liquid when baking.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 45-50 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed and pasta is cooked through.
- Garnish with cheese and fresh basil.
- For appetizers, stick a toothpick in each cheese-stuffed noodle, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2