Easy 4-Cheese Mini Manicotti
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
They Easy 4-Cheese Mini Manicotti have all the classical, cheesy flavors of a traditional manicotti only smaller, bite-sized.
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, fancy or fine shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 24 oz spaghetti sauce, whatever kind you prefer
- 1 1/2 spaghetti sauce jars hot water, 24 to 36 oz, but you may add up to 12 oz more if pasta is not covered
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix cheeses, eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together to make cheese filling.
- Using a piping bag or Ziploc bag with a Wilton No. 12 piping tip, pipe cheese filling into each uncooked rigatoni noodle. Place in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl or pitcher, mix spaghetti sauce and hot water. You want enough sauce to cover the pasta. Pour over stuffed pasta. It will be very liquidy. The pasta will absorb most of the liquid when baking.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 45-50 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed and pasta is cooked through.
- Garnish with cheese and fresh basil.
- For appetizers, stick a toothpick in each cheese-stuffed noodle, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2
Thank you Cat! I’d love to hear how they turn out for you. My kids think they are awesome because they are mini (and cheesy). LOL
What a great recipe! Definitely going to have to try this–thanks!
Thanks, Kim! Coming from a fellow blogger, your words are much appreciated!
Hi Mary! I think the appetizer looks great too. 🙂
Thanks for the pin Sharon! You will be happy you saved it once you try them. 🙂
Thanks Tessa! It may not be the manicotti you would find in Italy but they are very yummy nonetheless.
Thank you, Emily! I just started blogging about my food a few months ago. To hear someone else say that about my photos is amazing and so appreciated! Thanks again!
Trust me, I said the same thing until I actually made them. 🙂
Christina Beauchamp says
I have to give this a try it looks so so so yummy! Oh I need this ASAP
Yum! This looks delicious. I can’t wait to try this for dinner soon
Stephanie Bills says
This looks seriously delicious!! I can’t wait to try this recipe out!!
Lana | Lifestyle Queen Bee says
Manicotti is one of my favourite pasta dishes & making a mini version is so awesome! This will be a great little appetizer for parties! Love this so much!
Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen says
You did a great job with this recipe!! It looks delicious, and I would love to have some for dinner tonight. Wonderful idea!
Wow, this pasta recipe looks amazing! I I love trying new recipes, thank you for sharing! I can’t wait to try it!
What a cute idea! I’ve never thought of filling riatoni before. I love them as the appetizer on the toothpick.
Aw those little manicotti are so cute! What a genius idea! I love how you used the piping bag to get them full of the ricotta. So perfect! I gotta try this out. Pinning for later.
These look amazing!!! They are bringing me back to my Italian Roots!!! 🙂
First I thought , Really !!
But after reading through I can’t wait to try this !!
Chrissa - Physical Kitchness says
You made that gorgeous meal that simply?! I’m seriously impressed – it looks amazing!
Maggie Unzueta says
Why haven’t I thought of this before? I love manicotti, and mini manicotti… YUM!
Oh Yum! Pasta!!! This is a fantastic easy recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Emily Jones says
What great food photos ! Yum Yum
This looks incredible. Oh my gosh!!!!!
this looks absolutely delicious!! can’t wait to try this out!
Jessica Egbert says
I love manicotti!!! This is such a great idea.