30-minute Skillet Chicken Ranch Mac 'n' Cheese
Yield: 5 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This mac 'n' cheese is full of penne pasta, covered in a creamy, cheesy alfredo-like ranch sauce, and packed with delicious grilled chicken. It's made in ONE skillet from start to finish and will be ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1 lb penne pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups cream, may substitute milk or half and half
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups grilled chicken, cooked and cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add water, garlic, and pasta. Cover with lid and simmer for 13-15 minutes until water is mostly absorbed into pasta and pasta is al dente.
- Over medium-high heat, add cream to pasta. Toss lightly.
- Add ranch, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. Simmer until cheese has melted and sauce has thickened. 2-5 minutes.
- Add cubed grilled chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 705Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 709mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 37g
Pages: Page 1 Page 2
Hahaha… that is exactly why meals like this are great. Some weeks we don’t get breaks and can only survive on meals like this.
Thanks for the pin Ashley! I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
You are a woman after my own heart! LOL I totally agree!
Hi Kristina! Thanks for the pin. I hope you enjoy!
Excellent idea! We love leftovers. With only three in your home right now, leftovers would make fabulous leftovers for an easy dinner. Thanks for stopping by Kim!
Mac and cheese is one of my favorites! Definitely trying this recipe.
Carly | http://www.thecarlycollective.com
Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen says
This sounds incredible and so easy to make! I bet it would feed us for at least two meals (I hope!). Maybe we can give this a try next week and have leftovers for an easy dinner.
Maggie Unzueta says
Who doesn’t love Mac n Cheese?! Looks delicious.
Yup- I want that for dinner this weekend! The best part is the hubby can’t eat cheese, so more for me 🙂
I am sitting here, drooling as I read this! Holy crap! Oh so cheesy and creamy. I need all of this STAT!
mhmm looks easy to make & sounds delicious! I’m pinning for later! Thanks for sharing!
Katherine Turro says
Yum! You can never go wrong with mac and cheese!
Oh my goodness – i’m drooling! I love mac n cheese and it’s great that the addition of chicken gives this dish some protein oomph.
Ashley Stephenson says
My two favorite things Ranch & Mac n Cheese in one dish!! I need to try this!! I pinned for later!
Julie Torres says
This just looks incredible, I am saving to make this week. I love quick and tasty recipes for weeknights when we are all stretched just a little too thin!
C. Gibson says
That looks so good, and I love quick and easy dishes, I’ll definitely be pinning this recipe.
Perfect comfort food right here! Love anything mac and cheese and this is such a good weeknight meal. Yum!