- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Let stand 10-20 minutes until bloomed.
- 1 cup warmed milk, scald over stove or heat for 1 minute in microwave
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 4 1/2-5 cups flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Mix ingredients and set aside for 10-20 minutes to bloom.
- Heat milk. Add sugar, salt, and eggs to milk and stir. Add Yeast mixture and flour (4 1/2 cups). Add additional 1/2 cup flour if needed. DOUGH WILL BE STICKY.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size. (45 min to an hour).
- Mix powdered sugar, cream, and extract together until combined. It should be stiff like a frosting. If too thick add 1 Tablespoon cream. If too runny add additional powdered sugar.
- Once dough has risen double, pour out onto well-floured surface. Liberally sprinkle top with flour. Roll out into a square. Roll to about a 1/2-inch thick.
- Pour and spread melted butter over rolled dough. Carefully spread to the edges. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over butter. Spread with hand to evenly coat dough.
- Carefully roll dough toward you. Use a long piece of dental floss or string to cut each roll. Cut about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. Place on baking sheet or in baking dish.
- Let rise again until rolls have doubled in size (about 30-45 minutes depending on the temperature of your home).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until the rolls are browned and the center dough is cooked through.
- Let cool until warm to the touch then frost with icing.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2