Fiery Instant Pot Chicken with Veggies
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Additional Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Juicy, spicy lemon-garlic chicken on a bed of steamed asparagus, green beans, peppers, and other healthy, fresh vegetables. An easy Instant Pot meal ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2 chicken breasts, fresh, thawed, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb asparagus, 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, 1-inch cubed
- 1 bunch green onions, about 6-8, cut white part into 1-inch pieces, cut green tops into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 large tomato or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, rough chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Sear chicken breasts 1 minute on each side. Add water or chicken broth. Sprinkle garlic and red pepper flakes over chicken. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Set Instant Pot to Manual HIGH pressure for 6 minutes. Cook.
- When timer sounds, let sit 5 minutes then release pressure manually. Add asparagus, green beans, red bell pepper, and 1-inch green onions (white part only).
- Add salad dressing, lemon juice, and lemon zest along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set Instant Pot to manual HIGH pressure for an additional 2 minutes. Cook.
- When timer sounds, release pressure immediately. Remove chicken and set aside to rest for 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, 1/4-inch green onion pieces, and parsley to the veggies in the Instant Pot. Toss carefully. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken into 1/4-inch thick slices, or desired size.
- Serve chicken over veggies.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2
Thanks Kate! It’s delicious!
Hi Jolina! I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one. 🙂 This recipe is definitely worth trying.
Thanks for the pin Kristin!
Thank you Kari!
This looks fantastic! I love the lemon garlic flavor with asparagus. Ready for these yummy summer meals!
Hi, Anne! It does come out moist and delicious. So worth a try!
Anne | onedeterminedlife says
I have never prepared chicken like that. It looks like it would come out moist.
Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen says
This sounds like an easy way to feed a family. Plus, it’s light, healthy and perfect for spring. Love that it’s a little spicy, too. 🙂
Sarah Althouse says
Anything with chicken and vegetables is my kind of meal!
Kristin O'Ferrall says
I just pinned this to my recipe board. This looks great — easy and healthy!
We have lots of nights like that! And sometimes when we’re too lazy we just give up and have oatmeal or salad haha. This looks amazing. And really, who can resist “Fiery Lemon- Garlic”?? 🙂 Can’t wait to try this.
Lovely! I just bought some green asparagus but hadn’t decided what to cook with them yet. The chicken looks so tasty and juicy!
Yum! You had me at fiery. I’ve been looking for new instant pot recipes too.
This looks very tasty…. and easy.