Fiery Instant Pot Chicken with Veggies
Juicy, spicy lemon-garlic chicken on a bed of steamed asparagus, green beans, peppers, and other healthy, fresh vegetables. An easy Instant Pot meal ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2 chicken breasts fresh, thawed, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb asparagus 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper 1-inch cubed
- 1 bunch green onions about 6-8, cut white part into 1-inch pieces, cut green tops into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 large tomato or 1 pint cherry tomatoes 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley rough chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Set Instant Pot to saute. Sear chicken breasts 1 minute on each side. Add water or chicken broth. Sprinkle garlic and red pepper flakes over chicken. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Set Instant Pot to Manual HIGH pressure for 6 minutes. Cook.
When timer sounds, let sit 5 minutes then release pressure manually. Add asparagus, green beans, red bell pepper, and 1-inch green onions (white part only).
Add salad dressing, lemon juice, and lemon zest along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set Instant Pot to manual HIGH pressure for an additional 2 minutes. Cook.
When timer sounds, release pressure immediately. Remove chicken and set aside to rest for 4-5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, 1/4-inch green onion pieces, and parsley to the veggies in the Instant Pot. Toss carefully. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cut chicken into 1/4-inch thick slices, or desired size.
Serve chicken over veggies.
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. Thanks!
Original post: 3.6.17 Updated photos: 3.5.19