Healthy Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oatmeal with cinnamon and almond
Sweetened with honey, flavored with cinnamon and almonds, enriched with chia seeds, and packed with filling steel-cut oats, this oatmeal will give you a morning boost that will last.
- 1 1/4 cups steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds whole or chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cups water
- milk, cream or almond milk optional
Turn Instant Pot on warm while gathering ingredients.
Lock lid on. Press Manual (high pressure) 7 minutes for firm texture (9 minutes for softer texture).
Once the timer has beat signaling the cook time is done, turn pressure cooker off and wait until the pressure has naturally come down. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
Open Instant Pot, stir oatmeal and serve. Add almond milk or cream if desired.
The raw almonds will cook and become slightly soft. If you prefer a crunchier texture, you might rather add toasted chopped almonds after the oatmeal has been cooked.
If you like this recipe, you may also like these:
- Berry Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Energy Balls
- Healthy Fruit Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Spicy Turkey Meatballs
- Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake