- 1/3 cup water
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin, 7g or about 2 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp Creme De Menthe extract, a more subtle sweet peppermint flavor like Andes Mints
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring
- Stir gelatin into 1/3 cup cold water to soften. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In a cup or bowl 16 oz or larger, microwave gelatin mixture for 90 seconds. Let cool (about 3-8 minutes). You want the gelatin cooled but still runny or you will get clumps in your mousse.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whip cream and sugar together until beater begin to "track" or form ridges when mixing (soft to medium peak stage).
- Add mint extract and coloring.
- With mixer on medium-high speed, slowly pour cooled but still liquid gelatin. Whip until mousse thickens to stiff peaks. This is the stage before you make butter so be careful not to over whip.
- You can spoon or pipe into serving dishes or let set to use as frosting on cupcakes or cake.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Making fun CHOCOLATE CUPS at home is easy. Melt chocolate. Pour about 1/4 cup melted chocolate into cupcake liner. Spread up sided of liner. Let chocolate-coated liner cool in a cupcake or muffin tin to keep its shape until hardened. Carefully remove paper liner. That's it! I don't grease the liners. The colder the chocolate the easier the liner will come off. I cool mine in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g