- 8-9 sheets graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract, optional
- 12-14 oz caramel squares, about 40-48 squares
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In an 8 x 8-inch pan mix crushed graham crackers and melted butter until moist. Press firmly into bottom. Place in fridge while preparing next layer.
- For the cheesecake layer, blend cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Add vanilla or almond extract if desired. Pour and smooth over graham cracker crust. Place back into fridge while preparing next layer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add caramel squares and 1/2 cup cream. Heat in microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth and melted. Pour and smooth over cheesecake layer.
- Evenly sprinkle roasted salted peanuts over caramel. Place in fridge until last layer is ready.
- To make the chocolate ganache, in a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and 1/2 cup cream. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until warm. Mix chocolate and cream until cream is fully blended into chocolate. Mixture will take a minute or two to combine. Pour and smooth over peanut layer.
- Chill in fridge for at least an hour to help harden and set. Cut into 9-16 pieces and enjoy.
You can also assemble these bars with the caramel and nuts on top of the crust then the cheesecake filling and chocolate. This will help with the cheesecake filling smooshing out when cutting or biting into.
Crust-->caramel-->peanuts-->cheesecake filling-->chocolate ganache.
Same great flavor just a little different look.