- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup jalapenos, small dice, add seeds to increase spiciness
- In a large bowl, blend all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside. Keep at room temperature. Let rise for 6-12 hours.
- Dough will be very sticky and soft. Pour dough out onto heavily floured surface. Form into a ball and let rest 15-30 minutes while oven is preheating.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place large (6 qt or bigger) dutch oven in preheating oven.
- Cut "X" into top of bread dough ball. Carefully place bread dough ball into hot dutch oven. Cover with lid and place dutch oven back into heated oven.
- Cook for 25 minutes COVERED then 10-12 minutes UNcovered (to brown).
- Remove bread from dutch oven once it is done baking to avoid burning bottom.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2