- 30 small-medium pickling cucumbers, sliced thin
- 3 large onions, sliced thin
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3/4 cup salt
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a large bowl, mix cucumbers, onions, peppers, salt, and crushed ice. Let stand for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours of standing, drain liquid from cucumber mixture.
- In a large pot, bring to boil vinegars, sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds, turmeric, and cloves.
- Add drained cucumber mixture to boiling vinegar mixture. Heat. Remove from heat right before it returns to a boil.
- Ladle hot cucumber mixture into sterilized pint-size canning jars. Wip tops to enable secure seal. Place sealing lid and ring on each jar.
- Process using a water bath method. Processing time will vary depending on your elevation. Let fully cool (24 hours) and store until ready to enjoy!
Pages: Page 1 Page 2