Easy 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse – airy, smooth and takes less than 5 minutes to make. A delicious chocolate dessert for any night of the week!
If you like this CHOCOLATE MOUSSE recipe, you may also like these:
- Raspberry-Filled Chocolate Mousse Cake – family favorite (super easy – check out the video)
- Triple Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes – a chocolate lovers dream!
- Mini Chocolate Brownie Cups – bite-sized and chocolatey.
- Inside Out Eclairs – chocolate cream on the inside, white chocolate outside.
- 4-Ingredient Raspberry Mousse -made with fresh or frozen raspberries.
Printable recipe and directions:
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (dutch preferred), sifted, use 1/3 cup for DARK chocolate flavor
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, use 1/4 cup for DARK chocolate flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- In a chilled mixing bowl, begin whipping cream. Whip until frothy and slightly thicken.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Carefully mix until soft peaks form.
- Add almond extract if desired. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon into plastic bag or piping bag with piping tip. Pip into serving bowls or glasses.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chilling your mixing bowl will help the cream whip more easily.
Sift cocoa powder to avoid dark flecks in mousse.
Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar to start. If you'd like a sweeter mousse, additional sugar up to an additional 1/2 cup.