An airy, delicious chocolate mousse that whips up in less than 5 minutes. With only 3 ingredients, this chocolate mousse recipe will be enjoyed by all chocolate dessert lovers!
If you like this MOUSSE recipe, you may also like these:
- Raspberry-Filled Chocolate Mousse Cake – family favorite (super easy – check out the video)
- Triple Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes – a chocolate lovers dream!
- Mini Chocolate Brownie Cups – bite-sized and chocolatey.
- Inside Out Eclairs – chocolate cream on the inside, white chocolate outside.
- 4-Ingredient Raspberry Mousse -made with fresh or frozen raspberries.
Printable recipe and directions:
- 1 1/2 cups HEAVY whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (dutch preferred), sifted, use 1/3 cup for DARK chocolate flavor
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, use 1/4 cup for DARK chocolate flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- In a chilled mixing bowl, begin whipping cream. Whip until frothy and slightly thicken.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Carefully mix until soft peaks form.
- Add almond extract if desired. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon into plastic bag or piping bag with piping tip. Pip into serving bowls or glasses.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chilling your mixing bowl will help the cream whip more easily.
Sift cocoa powder to avoid dark flecks in mousse.
Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar to start. If you'd like a sweeter mousse, additional sugar up to an additional 1/2 cup. You can use a zero calorie sugar substitute for a sugar free or low carb version. Use a 1:1 sugar substitute. For best results, use powdered variety such as Swerve powdered sugar substitute.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300