- 1 9-inch uncooked deep dish pie crust, frozen then thawed or homemade
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup spinach, cooked, drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 15-20 large basil leaves, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 large tomato, seeded and sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, whole milk preferred
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, additional to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, additional to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In thawed uncooked pie crust, evenly sprinkle half (1/4 cup) parmesan cheese in the bottom.
- Next, add spinach. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over spinach then add chopped basil.
- Place one layer of sliced tomatoes then sprinkle remaining (1/4 cup) parmesan cheese over the tomato slices. Set aside.
- In a jar or mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, cream, garlic, salt, and pepper together. Pour into pie crust. It should cover all ingredients and fill to the top of the crust.
- Place on a cookie sheet in case of spillage. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and soft set.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
A little jiggle in the center is normal, soupy is not. The quiche should be puffed up like a dome when done. When cooling it will flatten as the air is released.
If you like this recipe, you may also like these Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Muffins or these 3-Ingredient Sweet Strawberry Cream Cheese Croissants: