- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-4 cups pre-whipped vanilla icing, I buy it from a grocery store bakery such as Macey's, Fry's, Smith's, Ridley's Bakery counter
- red/blue food coloring
- Gender neutral sprinkles
- Preheat oven as directed on cake mix (350-375 degrees F).
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Fill liners using a D20 scoop (about 3/4 full). This will make about 18-21 cupcakes.
- Bake as directed on cake mix box (about 24-28 minutes). Cool completely.
- Color about 1 1/2 cups pre-whipped vanilla icing in color of your choice (pink for girl, blue for boy). Place in ziploc bag and cut off end to make a piping bag.
- Scoop small hole into each cupcake where colored filling will go. Place top back on. Pip or frost remaining white icing onto top to hid color inside of each cupcake and add sprinkles.
- Have a gender reveal party and celebrate!
If you like this recipe, you make also like:
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. This comes at no cost to you. It just helps me keep the delicious recipes coming. 🙂