An easy no-bake Lemon Cream Pie made with easy lemon cream filling, graham cracker crust, and can be ready in 10 minutes. An easy delicious lemon dessert.
I’m a lemon lover through and through.
This recipe came to me one late night when I was having a hankering for something lemony sweetness. I had a lemon, whipping cream, lemon curd, and a graham cracker pie shell in the pantry.
I went for it and am so glad I did. I’m obsessed with all things light, airy, and creamy like this Easy 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse or this Easy Raspberry Mousse. Why not try with lemon?!
This easy lemon cream pie is packed with zesty lemon tang and sweet, smooth cream. It’s so easy to make with only “4 ingredients.”
This easy lemon cream pie can be ready in 10 minutes or less. It’s a perfect dessert for spring or summer or to share at your next family gathering, Easter, Mother’s Day and so much more.
IF YOU LIKE THIS EASY LEMON DESSERT, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE OTHER RECIPES:
- Homemade Lemon Curd – PREFECT for this recipe
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 4-Ingredient Easter Fudge
- Easy Raspberry Mousse
- Lemon Cream Cheese Filled Cherry Bread
- Quick 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS:
Do you know what 4 ingredients are in this creamy lemon pie?
You probably figured that out if you’ve read this far. The ingredients are so simple and you may already have them on hand.
I like this pie because it can be a pantry special (a recipe where the ingredients are ones that I typically have on hand). To make this delicious lemon cream pie you will need these 4 ingredients or items:
- heavy whipping cream
- lemon curd or lemon creme pie filling (homemade or store-bought)
- a fresh lemon
- graham cracker crust (homemade or store-bought)
4-ingredients! It’s as simple as that. I love this recipe because it’s light, creamy and full of bright lemon flavor. It’s so easy to make and it can be a pantry special.
DO I HAVE TO USE HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM FOR THIS LEMON CREAM PIE?
Yes. I highly recommend using HEAVY whipping cream in this recipe. Heavy whipping cream has a higher fat content which allows for a stiffer, more stable whip. It helps this pie maintain its shape after being cut rather than oozing everywhere.
Using regular whipping cream instead of heavy whipping cream may cause your pie filling to be too soft. The filling may not hold its shape after being cut.
PRO TIP: When making whipped cream, whip the cream in a cold (chilled) bowl. To chill the bowl, pop it in the fridge or freezer 20-30 minutes before you plan to whip the cream. This helps the cream stay cold during the whipping process which helps the cream whip easier, quicker, and to its full potential.
HOMEMADE VS STORE-BOUGHT INGREDIENTS:
With most things, homemade ingredients and recipes taste better than store-bought but both come with a price. There are pros and cons to each.
Store-bought and premade items can be costly, have less nutritional value, more preservatives but be convenient and time-saving.
Homemade recipes can be time-consuming and frankly hard to get right sometimes. I typically make things from scratch because they are cheaper, taste better and I can control what’s in them.
With that said, this lemon cream pie is super delicious either way but does taste that much better if homemade lemon curd and a homemade graham cracker crust are used. If you have time and resources to make your own, do it. It is worth the extra 20 or 30 minutes.
If you don’t have the time to make everything from scratch, this simple lemon cream pie will still be delicious.
I typically have a can of lemon filling and graham cracker crust pie shell in the pantry for when I’m in a pinch and need a fast dessert. If I have the time and ingredients, I make it from scratch. I will leave it up to you, with what ingredients you go with.
FREEZE LEMON CREAM PIE!
If you are looking for a delicious, refreshing, frozen treat to cold off with this summer, try this lemon cream pie FROZEN! It’s like a lemon cream ice cream pie and it’s fantastic!
PRICE CHECK ($):
Easy lemon cream pie is easy to make and only requires 4 simple ingredients. Two of which are pantry stable and can be stored until you’re ready to make this recipe. This lemon cream pie is cheap to make too. That’s always a plus in my book. Check out my price check below.
Prices for supplies may vary depending on location and store you purchase groceries from. I try to shop bulk food stores, use coupons, watch ads and shop sales (like case lot), buy supplies in bulk to save money in the long run, and use homegrown produce and herbs when available. Here’s my ingredient list and cost for this recipe:
Graham cracker crust pie shell – $1.39 (this pie would also be awesome made with an Oreo crust. Lemon and chocolate are so good together)!
Lemon filling/lemon curd – $1.99
Fresh Lemon – $0.33
Heavy whipping cream (Winco is the cheapest place I’ve found cream) – $1.84
This easy lemon cream pie makes 8 servings. At $5.35 a pie that breaks down to 67¢ per slice or serving. At that price, this is an inexpensive lemon treat everyone will love.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE LEMON DESSERT?
Easy Lemon Cream Pie
This EASY no-bake lemon cream pie is filled with a creamy lemony filling, topped with sweetened whipped cream, and only takes about 10 minutes to make.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 15 oz lemon creme filling or about 2 cups homemade lemon curd
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- 9-inch graham cracker pie crust shell, store-bought or homemade
- In a bowl, add lemon creme filling (or homemade lemon curd), lemon zest, and lemon juice. Blend until fully incorporated.
- In a large bowl, whip heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. Do not over whip or it will turn into butter. (If desired, reserve 1/2 cup whipped cream for garnish, add 1/2 Tbs powdered sugar to sweeten).
- Fold lemon mixture into whipped cream.
- Scoop and smooth lemon cream into 9" graham cracker crust.
- If desired, pipe reserved whipped cream on top and add small wedges of lemon as a garnish.
- Enjoy immediately, freeze for later or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Looking for a frozen lemon treat? Try this lemon cream pie frozen!
- PRO TIP #1: Use HEAVY whipping cream in this recipe. Heavy whipping cream contains a higher fat content than regular whipping cream which will allow for a stiffer more stable whip.
- PRO TIP #2: Chill bowl before whipping the cream. This will help cream stay cold and whip quicker and stiffer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OP: 3.20.19 Updated: 2.23.21
Oh wow! This is a perfect idea for Easter and it is so simple with only four ingredients. I am looking forward to trying it out!