Simple homemade lemonade flavored with fresh blackberries and sweetened with honey. Have a pitcher of this refreshing blackberry lemonade ready in 5 minutes.
This easy blackberry lemonade is one of our new summer favorites. It’s super easy to make (using a blender) and tastes amazing!
HOW TO SWEETEN BLACKBERRY LEMONADE?
You can use raw honey to naturally sweeten this homemade blackberry lemonade recipe. If you like the flavor of honey it’s a great choice of sweetener. It has minimal sugar crystals (warm your honey using a water bath before using if it has crystalized).
Honey is a fabulous natural sweetener, especially in homemade blackberry lemonade
I don’t have honey. Can I use regular sugar in this recipe?
If you don’t have honey on hand or don’t care for the flavor of honey you can substitute regular sugar for honey. Typically, you can replace honey in a recipe with sugar by using 4 parts sugar to every 3 parts honey (i.e. 1 cup granulated white sugar for every 3/4 cup honey).
NO-BOIL HOMEMADE LEMONADE METHOD:
I prefer using a no-boil method when making homemade lemonade. This means I do not use simple syrup or heat the blackberry lemonade mixture. I use a blender to speed up the process of mixing and dissolving the sweetener.
Blender method – puree and mix sweetener, lemon juice, and a small amount of water until sweetener is dissolved using a blender. Add ice and additional ingredients until blended. Only takes about 5 minutes to make with few to no sugar crystals remaining.
Faster method without having to heat the mixture. Flavors also stay vibrant and health qualities of raw honey will remain intact.
There are many different ways to make lemonade including these if you don’t have a blender or would like a different option:
- Cold stir until dissolved – use cold water and hand stir until sugar crystals are dissolved. This method takes more time and may not fully dissolve sugar crystals.
- Simple syrup method (boil and dissolve) – add water and sugar. Boil until sugar is dissolved. This method takes longer because you must bring water mixture to boil then cool before finishing the lemonade. I believe this is the most common method of making lemonade. It’s often referred to as the “simple syrup” method.
- Pressure cooker – Super easy but may change the flavor slightly as the lemon juice is heated with all the other ingredients.
COST OF HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY LEMONADE:
This blackberry lemonade recipe is so good. Not only is it easy to make but it’s also reasonably inexpensive especially if you have a lemon tree, blackberry plants or find some awesome summer deals on ingredients!
HERE’S A LIST OF THE INGREDIENTS AND MY COST:
Prices for supplies may vary depending on location and store you purchase groceries from. I try to shop bulk food stores, use coupons, watch ads and shop sales (like case lot), buy supplies in bulk to save money in the long run and use homegrown produce and herbs when available. These are a great way to stay within my grocery budget without sacrificing flavor or nutrition.
- Lemons (lemons on sale at Rancho Market for 2lb/$1) – $0.50
- Honey – $1.20
- Blackberries (on sale at Sprouts Farms Market for 88¢ for 6 oz) – $0.88
- Water/Ice – FREE
This blackberry lemonade recipe makes about 5 cups per batch. To make this, it cost me about $2.50. That’s about 50¢ a cup. Not bad for a homemade, fresh blackberry lemonade.
WHAT’S EVEN BETTER THAN THIS BLACKBERRY LEMONADE?…
HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY OTTER POPS!
Seriously, though! This blackberry lemonade is amazing but when it’s frozen, it’s out-of-this-world good! The kids love them, even my little miss that doesn’t like the flavor of honey.
If you make a pitcher of this, I’d totally recommend ordering a pack of these otter pop bags from Amazon and making your own, homemade blackberry lemonade otter pops. SO GOOD and perfect for summer!
I’m so glad you stopped by to check out this recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as we have! Here’s the full printable recipe for your convenience.
5-Minute Blackberry Lemonade
Simple homemade lemonade flavored with fresh blackberries and sweetened with honey. Have a pitcher of this refreshing blackberry lemonade in 5 minutes.
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed is best (about 1lb of lemons)
- ½-3/4 cup raw honey, depending on how sweet you like your lemonade
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 6-12 oz fresh blackberries, frozen can also be used.
- Place lemon juice, water, and honey in blender. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute to mix and dissolve honey.
- Add ice and crushed blackberries. Blend for an additional 15-30 seconds.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
To make a blackberry lemonade slush, replace the water and ice
cubes with 5 cups of ice. Blend until smooth and slushy. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
*This post contains an affiliate link
[…] Blackberry lemonade from Kitchen Cents […]