Sweet swirling cinnamon makes this Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread recipe one-of-a-kind deliciousness! A must-try quick bread family favorite!
The first time I was offered a piece of banana nut bread I thought there was something wrong with it. I came from a family that coated their banana bread with cinnamon sugar and omitted the nuts, always (maybe because we didn’t care for the nuts or maybe because they were too expensive to add in). We loved banana bread and we loved it SWEET!
Growing up, I remember my grandma making banana bread in tin cans coated with cinnamon sugar. Serious! She would save her soup cans, like Campbell’s cans. They would come out as little round loaves and were soooo good! That’s where this banana bread recipe started for us.
This banana bread recipe makes 1 large 9×5 inch loaf or several smaller loaves. It’s super simple to make, being a quick bread and all, and it’s the perfect way to use up those overripe bananas.
The sweet cinnamon sugar is the best part! It adds another layer of flavor that a traditional banana bread lacks. It’s sooo good! Just look at that ribbon of sweet cinnamon flavor!!! Your world will be changed at first bite. 😉
Are you a traditionalist when it comes to banana bread or do you like the add-ins (nuts, chocolate, cinnamon, etc)? What’s your favorite kind of banana bread?Here’s the printable recipe:
- 2 large bananas, or 3 small (overripe is best)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cinnamon sugar, 1/3 cup sugar + 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use pan spray on 9x5 inch pan then coat with cinnamon sugar. Set aside until needed.
- Mash bananas. Set aside until needed.
- Using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (1-2 minutes). Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add mash banana and flour mixture to sugar mixture. Mix until just combine. Don't over mix.
- Pour half the banana bread batter in bottom of coated pan and smooth. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar on top then pour and smooth remaining batter on top. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. This comes at no cost to you. It just helps me keep the delicious recipes coming. ?