If you’re a hot chocolate lover, you’re definitely going to want to try this Crockpot Hazelnut Hot Chocolate recipe. It’s easy and delicious with its rich chocolate flavor and hint of sweet hazelnut. It’s fabulous on any cold morning or frosty evening and great to enjoy with friends (because you can make a crockpot full). So start the fire and enjoy a cup of this delicious hot cocoa with a special hint of hazelnut. You’ll be so happy you did.
With the cold nipping at your nose, this hot cocoa is going to warm you right up. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
The full printable recipe is below. In a crockpot or slow cooker add milk and cream. This recipe is easy to double or even triple if you will be sharing with lots of family or friends.
Next, add the hazelnut spread and vanilla. Whisk until the hazelnut spread is blended. Then add your chocolate chips.
Cook on low for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until chocolate is melted. Whisk and heat for 15 to 30 more minutes.
A chocolate layer may form on the surface. Just whisk it in.
Once the mixture is hot and the chocolate is mixed in, it’s ready to serve. Whisk before serving.
Pour into your favorite hot cocoa glasses or mugs. Pair it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a hazelnut cookie to give this Crockpot Hazelnut Hot Chocolate a special sweet touch!
This would make for a great treat to share at your next Christmas party or winter family gathering because you can make a large crockpot full and have it ready for everyone to enjoy. Here’s the printable recipe.
Crockpot Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
This Crockpot Hazelnut Hot Chocolate is easy and delicious with a rich chocolate flavor and hint of hazelnut. A must try for all you hot cocoa lovers.
- 6 cups milk higher fat = creamier
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup hazelnut chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream optional
- Hazelnut cookies optional
- In crockpot add milk, cream, hazelnut chocolate spread and vanilla. Whisk until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Cook on low for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until chocolate chips are melted. Whisk until blended.
- Cook on low for 15 to 30 more minutes until hot cocoa mixture is hot.
- Whisk before serving.
- Add whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top and serve with hazelnut cookies if desired.
Do you like hazelnut? What’s your favorite treat to serve with hot chocolate?