Yield: 1 -2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Delicious fresh basil flavor that will add a gorgeous vibrant Italian flare to your next dish.
- 4 cups Italian basil, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2-3/4 cup good olive oil, enough to thin pesto
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons lemon, 1 1/2 tablespoons zest, 1 1/2 tablespoons juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil into blender.
- Turn blender on and immediately begin drizzling the olive oil into the blender. Add as much oil is needed to have a smooth swirl in the center.
- Use in your favorite Italian dish.
- If freezing, pour into ice cubes or airtight freezer containers and freeze. Once Ice cube molds are frozen pop out and store in an airtight container in freezer.
Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3-4 months.
Hi Yemarie! I’m not sure how big your cubes are. I would use about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon for every 1oz of pasta… so for 8oz of pasta, I would use 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pesto depending on how strong you like your pasta.
How many cubes after frozen for half pack of pasta (8oz, I think)???