- 4 cups Italian basil, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2-3/4 cup good olive oil, enough to thin pesto
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons lemon, 1 1/2 tablespoons zest, 1 1/2 tablespoons juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil into blender.
- Turn blender on and immediately begin drizzling the olive oil into the blender. Add as much oil is needed to have a smooth swirl in the center.
- Use in your favorite Italian dish.
- If freezing, pour into ice cubes or airtight freezer containers and freeze. Once Ice cube molds are frozen pop out and store in an airtight container in freezer.
Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3-4 months.