- 2 lb chicken or turkey, cooked,, 1”x1” cubes
- 7-8 slices bread, 10-12 oz cubed and dried
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh sage, (1 Tablespoon dried)
- 1 pint jar green beans, (1 or 2 cans)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tube croissant dough
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9”x13” pan by lightly greasing.
- In a bowl, place dried bread. In a frying pan, sauté onions and celery until they begin to soften, then add fresh sage. Add sage mixture to bread and mix. See note if using dried sage.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared 9”x13” pan.
- Sprinkle cubed chicken or turkey evenly over bread layer. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle green beans evenly over meat layer.
- In a bowl, mix condensed soup, chicken broth and milk to form the gravy. Evenly pour gravy over the green bean layer.
- Open croissant dough and unroll. Stretch to cover entire top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until croissant dough is golden brown.
If using dried sage, sprinkle and mix with bread before adding sautéed onions and celery. This will help evening out the herb flavor and distribution.