- 1 15.25 oz devil food cake mix
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate Mousse Frosting
- 2 batches Easy 3-ingredient Chocolate Mousse, recipe link in instructions
- 1/4 cup mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend cake mix and flour together. Add remaining ingredients (melted butter, milk, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla). Mix until blended. Fill lined cupcake tins 3/4 full. I like to use a D20 scoop for this.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Make 2 batches Easy 3-ingredient Chocolate Mousse. (It never hurts to have extra, right?! 😉 ) Use large round piping tip or plastic coupler to pipe mousse onto the top of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2