High Fiber Flax seed Bran Muffins
Yield: 48 muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Sweet moist healthier muffin that will leave you surprised they are high fiber flax seed bran muffins.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup ground oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 1 cup bran flakes cereal
- 2 cups bran cereal, bran nuggets
- In a small sauce pan boil water then add baking soda. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening together until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Then mix in buttermilk until combine.
- In another large bowl mix bran flakes and bran. Pour cold baking soda water over cereals and toss.
- Take buttermilk mixture and add flour, ground oats, ground flaxseed and salt. Only mix until incorporated.
- Lastly, mix cereal mixture into buttermilk mixture. Mix until blended.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
You may store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw completely or add a few minutes onto the bake time.
Leave a Reply