The cutest Thanksgiving turkey cookies ever, made out of cookie dough, mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, M&Ms, and candy corns. So easy, so cute, so delicious!
We had so much fun last week making these fun Reese’s turkey cookies.
My Grandma J used to make Reese’s cookies for us all the time. I had the opportunity to live with her while attending college but since has passed.
One day she made her famous Reese’s cookies… while enjoying one I asked her how she made them.
What was the secret to her sugar cookie dough? They were so yummy!
To my surprise she replied… I just use premade Pillsbury sugar cookie dough and Reese’s peanut butter cups. SAY WHAAAT?!?!
To dress these amazing, simple cookies up for Thanksgiving, we gave them a chocolatey gobble-gobble makeover.
Aren’t they so fun?
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- cookie dough – I used Pillsbury sugar cookie dough like my grandma but you could use your favorite recipe (sugar, peanut butter, etc)
- Reese’s peanut butter cups – the miniature-sized ones. IF you are feeling like Martha Stewart check out my recipe for Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (homemade, so much cheaper and just as good!)
- M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces – I used M&Ms so I had red and just ate the blue and green. Reese’s Pieces would give you a great color scheme without waste.
- Candy Corns
- Candy eyes – you can find them on Amazon here.
- Chocolate – I used chocolate as the glue
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE REESE’S TURKEY COOKIES?
It’s easy! Bake the cookie dough in a mini muffin tin. While still warm, remove cookies and press a mini peanut butter cup in the center.
Once the cookies are cooled, using melted chocolate, add the eyes, gobble and candy corn feathers.
That’s it. Bake. Cool. Decorate. ENJOY!
These are a definite must for Thanksgiving this year. Your kids/grandkids are going to love them and so will you!
I hope you enjoy this idea and recipe! My family sure did. 🙂
WHAT MOST ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS THANKSGIVING?
Here’s the full printable recipe:
- 16 oz Pillsbury premade Sugar Cookie Dough, raw (usually can be found near tube biscuits, cinnamon rolls, butter, and dairy products)
- 24 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 48 candy eyes
- 24 Red or Orange M&Ms or Reese's Pieces
- Candy Corns (100-125 pieces)
- Chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 24 ct MINI muffin tin
- Divide cookie dough into 24 equal pieces. Place one cookie dough piece in each muffin tin cup.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until dough is done. Centers of cookies will cave in slightly-this is normal.
- Let cookies cool for 3-5 minutes then remove from pan.
- Once removed, gently press a mini peanut butter cup in the center.
- Let cool fully.
- Once cooled, add decoration using melted chocolate (candy eye's, red or orange gobble, candy corn feathers).
If in a hurry, once you've put the Reese's peanut butter cups into the center of the cookies you can place them in the freezer to cool more quickly.
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. This comes at no cost to you. It just helps me keep the delicious recipes coming.