- 1 lb ground turkey, browned (cooked)
- 2-2 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, cubed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 10 oz frozen corn, or 1 can
- 1 can green enchilada sauce, or 1 cup homemade green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, plus additional to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, optional
- In a slow cooker, add the sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cinnamon, black beans, diced tomatoes, green enchilada sauce and 1 cup water.
- Cook on high 2-3 hours, or low 3-4 hours, until the veggies and potatoes begin to soften.
- Once potatoes and veggies have softened, add zucchini, ketchup, corn and browned turkey (already cooked). Cook for an additional 1-2 hours until all veggies are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cilantro and serve.
- If a sweeter Chili is preferred, add a tablespoon brown sugar.
- Make this Chowder VEGETARIAN: skip the ground turkey and add an additional can of black, pinto or red kidney beans.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 745Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1547mgCarbohydrates: 114gFiber: 22gSugar: 36gProtein: 38g