Spicy Sausage and Olive Pasta with Feta Cheese
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
This Spicy Sausage and Olive Pasta with Feta Cheese has it all. It's nice jalapeno heat is complemented by the chunks of hearty sausage, smooth black olives and sharp feta cheese.
- 1 lb pasta of your choice, cooked according to directions
- 1/2 cup pasta water, reserved from cooking the pasta
- 1 lb sausage or sausage links
- 2 cup cans black olives, 1/3 brine reserved
- 1 can/jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 can El Pato Sauce, tomato jalapeno based
- feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley or cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Jalapeno, if desired
- Set a large pot of water to boil for pasta. Start cooking pasta to al dente according to the package.
- Open and drain the brine off the olives. Save the brine (you'll use it when cooking the sausage).
- Slice sausage. Place sausage and 1/3 of a cup of olive brine in a pan. Simmer until sausage is fully cooked.
- Add spaghetti sauce and El Pato sauce along with a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of the pasta water to sausage. Simmer.
- Once pasta is ready drain and add pasta into sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate and top with feta cheese crumbles and extra slices of jalapeno if desired.
If you'd prefer smaller bits of olive you may slice whole olives or buy pre-sliced. For ease and speed I like to use whole olives.
Leave a Reply