- 1 lb pasta of your choice, cooked according to directions
- 1/2 cup pasta water, reserved from cooking the pasta
- 1 lb sausage or sausage links
- 2 cup cans black olives, 1/3 brine reserved
- 1 can/jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 can El Pato Sauce, tomato jalapeno based
- feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley or cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Jalapeno, if desired
- Set a large pot of water to boil for pasta. Start cooking pasta to al dente according to the package.
- Open and drain the brine off the olives. Save the brine (you'll use it when cooking the sausage).
- Slice sausage. Place sausage and 1/3 of a cup of olive brine in a pan. Simmer until sausage is fully cooked.
- Add spaghetti sauce and El Pato sauce along with a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of the pasta water to sausage. Simmer.
- Once pasta is ready drain and add pasta into sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate and top with feta cheese crumbles and extra slices of jalapeno if desired.
If you'd prefer smaller bits of olive you may slice whole olives or buy pre-sliced. For ease and speed I like to use whole olives.