Refreshing Triple Berry Banana Breakfast Smoothie – a breakfast-worthy, easy smoothie filled with fresh frozen raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and hint of fresh banana. A great way to start any day!We love smoothies! This breakfast smoothie is a great addition to add to your book of quick breakfast ideas. It literally only takes a couple minutes to make and everyone will enjoy it. If you have a tough time getting the kiddos to eat a “healthy” snack, I have a secret to help with that. Check it out below.
What You’ll Need:
- frozen triple berry medley (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- fresh banana
- juice (100% apple or apple blend)
- vanilla Greek yogurt (optional)
- protein powder (optional)
Other Ways You Can Enjoy This RecipeWe love to have this red berry breakfast smoothie for breakfast or a snack but there are other ways you can enjoy it too. Here are a few ideas:
- otter pops
- My girls love having this recipe in the summer as an otter pop. I make the recipe the same but then fill otter pop bags and freeze them. It’s a much healthier alternative to the sugar-filled otter pops you can buy in the store.
- traditional popsicles
- Freeze them in a traditional popsicle mold.
- fruit ice cubes
- freeze breakfast smoothie mixture in ice cubes. Serve in a glass of Sprite or 7-Up or other drinks you want to add a little fruity twist.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS BERRY BANANA BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
- It only takes 5 minutes or less to make.
- It’s made with frozen berries, fresh banana, and 100% juice
- It can be made into a protein breakfast smoothie by adding protein powder
- Greek yogurt can be added to make it creamy and give it a protein boost (we like vanilla because it is sweeter)
- It can be made for breakfast or a snack
- It can be made into otter pops, popsicles or fruity ice cubes
- It’s gluten-free
- It can be made vegan and dairy-free (if protein powder and Greek yogurt are not used)
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?I’d love to hear about it in the comments.
- 1/2 cup raspberries, frozen (about 2 1/2oz)
- 5 small strawberries, frozen (about 2-3 oz)
- 1/3 cup blackberries, frozen (about 2 oz)
- 1/2 small banana, fresh (about 1 oz)
- 1 cup juice, 100% apple or apple blend
- 1 scoop protein powder, optional
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Enjoy!
- If you're looking for added protein try this recipe with the added protein powder option.
- If you like a little sweeter, creamy smoothie, try this recipe with the added vanilla greek yogurt. This will also increase the amount of protein in the breakfast smoothie.