These 1-Hour Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Rolls are the perfect fall treat. So quick to make, filled with spiced pumpkin and chocolate and drizzled with a 2-minute simple icing!
My favorite thing about these delicious pumpkin chocolate chip rolls, besides how delicious they are, is how fast they come together. They only take about an hour from scratch to hot out of the oven, ooey gooey icing in your mouth. Seriously! I think treats like this are the BEST!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP ROLLS:
To get started, mix warm water, yeast, and sugar together until dissolved. Then add an egg, pumpkin puree, and oil. Whisk until combined.
Next, add the flour and salt, mixing it until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Once incorporated, dump it onto a floured surface and knead for a minute or two. This helps build the gluten and gives these pumpkin rolls a lovely texture.
Once the dough has been kneaded for a minute or two, Set it aside to rest and raise. About 20 minutes. I like to use this downtime to make a simple vanilla icing. These rolls would also be fabulous with a creamy cream cheese frosting.
2-MINUTE SIMPLE ICING:
This icing is so fast, simple, and tastes really good. It’s made with powdered sugar, milk, and almond or vanilla extract. Seriously, so easy! It only takes about 2 minutes to make. That’s what I call fast and simple.
Back to the pumpkin chocolate chip rolls.
SPICED PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP FILLING:
Once the icing is made move onto the pumpkin filling. This filling has pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Mmmmm!
Once the dough has rested for about 20 minutes, it’s time to roll it out. I like nice big, thick rolls. With that said, roll the dough until it’s about 3/4 inch thick, spread with the pumpkin spice filling mixture, and sprinkle with mini (or regular) chocolate chips.
You can use the chocolate flavor you prefer, dark, milk or semi sweet.
Carefully rolling from one side until a long tube or roll forms. The easiest thing I have found to cut the rolls with is a piece of floss. It will make your rolls stay nice and round. These rolls were about an inch to an inch and quarter thick.
Cover and let rise for another 10 minutes or so.
Once they have rested for about 10 minutes they are ready for a heat wave. Bake the pumpkin chocolate chip rolls at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes or until the tops are browned and middle’s cooked through.
Don’t they just look awesome?!?!
You can drizzle or drench them with icing (or cream cheese frosting if you prefer). Either way, you really can’t go wrong.
What’s your favorite fall pumpkin recipe?
LOOKING FOR MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES? TRY ONE OF THESE!
- Maple Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars (with walnut crust)
- Leftover Halloween Candy Pumpkin Bread
- 21+ Pumpkin Desserts
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
HERE’S THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE. ENJOY!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, mini or regular
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or cream, more depending on how thick you like your icing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- In a large bowl, add warm water. Add sugar and yeast. Mix until dissolved.
- Add oil, egg, and pumpkin puree.
- Mix in flour and salt until dough forms.
- pour onto floured surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Place back in bowl, set in warm place to rest and rise for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough out to 3/4 inch thick. Spread with pumpkin filling and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Carefully roll up. Using floss or string, cut 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick pieces and place on cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rest/rise in warm place for about 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes or until rolls start browning and middle is cooked through.
- Drizzle or drowned in icing and enjoy!
- Mix pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice together. Set aside until filling is needed.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, and extract together. Set aside until ready to frost.
Add additional milk or cream to icing if a thinner, pourable icing is desired.
O.P. 11.16.17 Updated: 9.2.21