Have a slice of carrot cake heaven with these easy Carrot Cake Cookies. Enjoy carrot cake without the mess with these convenient, easy-to-share Carrot Cake Cookies. No cutting required! They’re moist, flavorful, and ready in under 30 minutes. Top them with sweet-tangy cream cheese frosting or a smooth buttercream and chopped walnuts and you’ll have a winner! No Easter bunny will be able to resist!!!
I hope each of you has something fun planned for today. I’m getting together with my sister and her family who live a few miles away. She’s making the turkey, I’m making the rolls. I’m dang excited! Then again, I get excited any time I get to hang with family and enjoy good food.
Yesterday, the girls and I made a fun quick Easter treat for Mr. Easter Bunny. I’m so excited to share it now. These Carrot Cake Cookies are so quick and easy to make. We thought… if Santa likes cookies maybe the Easter Bunny does too, especially if they’re full of carrot-y goodness. Right?
The best part about these moist carrot cake cookies is that you can get away with only using 4 ingredients. Crazy! We added an extra special touch to ours with some cream cheese frosting and chopped walnuts but you can omit those if you’d prefer.
For the carrot cake cookies, I mixed a store-bought spice cake mix with eggs, shredded carrots and applesauce (I threw in some walnut because I’d recently picked some up on a sale AND why not). If you want to stick to just the 4 ingredients, these carrot cake cookies are still delicious, moist, spiced, carrot goodness! The applesauce doesn’t add a lot of flavor to these cookies but helps keep them moist.
These cookies bake in about 10 minutes give or take a couple depending on your oven. I love using a metal scoop (size 40). It gives the cookies a nice round shape and keeps them consistently sized. This recipe is great for sharing as it will make about 36 cookies or 3 dozen.
Once the carrot cake cookies came out of the oven, I let them fully cool before frosting. You can enjoy these cookies plain or add a little extra sweet touch with some cream cheese or buttercream frosting. I absolutely love cream cheese frosting with my carrot cake so naturally, that’s what I used on ours. That’s it! So easy and worth a try. If you share with the Easter Bunny I bet he’ll leave something extra special for you this year. 😉
What’s you and your family’s Easter traditions?
Looking for another super easy, quick Easter recipe? Check out this 4-Ingredient Easter Fudge! There’s a reason why this video has been viewed over 1.7 million times!
- 1 15.25oz Spice cake mix, dry
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium eggs, or 1 large
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots , about 3-4 medium carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- frosting (cream cheese or buttercream), optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix, applesauce, eggs, carrots, and walnuts (optional) together until blended.
- Scoop about 1.5 tbsp cookie batter onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. I like to use a size 40 scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 10-11 minutes or until cookies are sponge-like when gently pressed.
- Enjoy warm or cool completely before frosting. If frosted, you can also sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.