- 2 lbs chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cubed 1"x1"
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, crackers, panko, crushed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pan oil spray
- dipping sauce (marinara, ranch, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie sheet with liner or spray with pan oil spray.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add basil pesto and mix until coated.
- In small bowl beat eggs and buttermilk together. Set aside.
- In another small bowl mix bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Blend and set aside.
- Form assembly line by taking a piece of chicken carefully dipping it into the egg mixture then rolling in the bread crumb mixture. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Lightly spray chicken with oil spray.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.
- Serve hot with your choice of dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 1060mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 57g