Classic Hamburger Tin Foil Dinners
Yield: 4 tin foil dinners
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
These Classic Hamburger Tin Foil Dinners are filled with meat, potatoes, and savory carrots and onions. This is a great dinner idea when camping or at home. Cook them in the oven or campfire and have a hot, delicious, "meat and potatoes" kind of meal ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 lb ground beef, 4 - 1/4 lb patties
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 4-8 pieces 20-inch tin foil
- Place handful of potatoes in center of tin foil. Add a handful of carrots. Salt and pepper.
- Add a spoonful of soup (straight from the can) on top of the carrots and potatoes.
- Place one ground beef patty to the top. Add a ring of onion and another large spoonful of soup to the top. Salt and pepper.
- Roll tin foil together to seal. Double wrap in a second layer of tin foil if cooking over the fire.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes OR cook over coals in a campfire for 15-20 minutes or until meat hits 165 degrees F and veggies are tender.
To speed up prep time, you may also use frozen cubed hash browns in place of potatoes and frozen carrots in place of fresh. No need to thaw before assembling.
If you like this recipe, you may also like these Cheese-Stuffed Garlic Red Bell Cheeseburgers OR Lemon Garlic Salmon Tin Foil Dinners:
Pages: Page 1 Page 2
Hi Andrew. Thanks for stopping by. You can find full printable recipe here –> https://kitchencents.com/classic-hamburger-tin-foil-dinners/2/
If cooking in the oven, you will cook them at 375’F for about 20-25 minutes or until they reach 165’F internally.
W. Andrew Smith says
Thanks for the recipe. How hot should the oven be set?