- 1 lb ground beef, 4 - 1/4 lb patties
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 4-8 pieces 20-inch tin foil
- Place handful of potatoes in center of tin foil. Add a handful of carrots. Salt and pepper.
- Add a spoonful of soup (straight from the can) on top of the carrots and potatoes.
- Place one ground beef patty to the top. Add a ring of onion and another large spoonful of soup to the top. Salt and pepper.
- Roll tin foil together to seal. Double wrap in a second layer of tin foil if cooking over the fire.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes OR cook over coals in a campfire for 15-20 minutes or until meat hits 165 degrees F and veggies are tender.
To speed up prep time, you may also use frozen cubed hash browns in place of potatoes and frozen carrots in place of fresh. No need to thaw before assembling.