Oh man! You’re in for a treat… seriously! This Dulce De Leche French Toast Bake is amazing any morning of the week and will be a smashing hit. No syrup needed because the sweetness is baked right in (but it doesn’t hurt 😉 ). The Dulce De Leche is cooked right in which makes this great for a fast-serve breakfast.
Dulce De Leche is a fancy way of saying delicious caramel-y flavor, right? Well, I’m here to tell you that this french toast bake is all that and a bag of chips. Here’s a peek at the ingredients you’ll need. The full printable recipe is below.
Once you have your bread cubed, put it in your lightly greased baking dish. I used my 9×13 pan.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and half of the sweetened condensed milk.
After they are all mixed pour the milk mixture over the bread. It should pretty much cover the bread. I like to lightly press the bread down using a fork or spoon to help the bread absorb the milk mixture.
Now take the rest of the sweetened condensed milk and drizzle it on top. It’s ready for the oven.
Here’s what it will look like when it comes out of the oven. As the sweetened condensed milk heats it turns into the Dulce De Leche.
You can either eat it as is (I think it’s perfect and sweet) or if you’re looking for a little extra fancy sweet treat you can top it with a spoonful of this Homemade Buttermilk Salted Caramel Sauce. Oh, it’s SOOO good!
I’m pretty sure this is going to turn into a family favorite the first time you try it.
Dulce De Leche French Toast Bake
- 6-8 slices french bread or thick cut bread about 12-14 oz
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread cubed in lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and half the sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour milk mixture over the bread. Lightly press bread down using a fork or spoon to help bread absorb milk mixture.
- Drizzle remaining sweetened condensed milk on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is golden brown and bread has set.
Do you like french toast? What’s your favorite kind?