- 8 cups Italian basil, packed loosely
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cashews
- 1-1 1/2 cups good oil, enough to thin pesto
- 3 tablespoons garlic, 5-7 large cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients except oil into blender. (I love my BlendTec)
- Turn blender on to puree and immediately begin drizzling the olive oil into blender. Add as much oil is needed to have a smooth swirl in the center.
- Use immediately or refrigerate/freeze* for later.
*Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 4 months. If freezing, pour into ice cubes or airtight freezer containers and freeze. Once Ice cube molds are frozen pop out and store in an airtight container in freezer.