- 8 cups Italian basil, packed loosely
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cashews
- 1-1 1/2 cups good oil, enough to thin pesto
- 3 tablespoons garlic, 5-7 large cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients except oil into blender. (I love my BlendTec)
- Turn blender on to puree and immediately begin drizzling the olive oil into blender. Add as much oil is needed to have a smooth swirl in the center.
- Use immediately or refrigerate/freeze* for later.
*Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 4 months. If freezing, pour into ice cubes or airtight freezer containers and freeze. Once Ice cube molds are frozen pop out and store in an airtight container in freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you like this recipe, you may also like these Baked Basil Pesto Chicken Bites:
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. This comes at no cost to you. It just helps me keep the delicious recipes coming. 🙂
OP: 10.4.17 Update: 9.18.20