1 lemon cake mix
1 can lemon frosting
1/3 cup butter, melted
8oz cream cheese, softened
4 eggs, 2 for crust, 2 for cheesecake filling
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven, 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add lemon cake mix, 2 eggs, and melted butter. Use a fork to mix until dough forms. Press into a greased 9x13-inch pan (I love my glass pyrex pan). Set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and lemon frosting together. Split mixture into 2 parts. (1/2 will be used in the cheesecake filling and the other 1/2 will be used as the lemon cream cheese frosting).
- To make the cheesecake filling, take a bowl with 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture and add 2 eggs and vanilla. Beat until blended. Spread evenly over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 38-42 minutes until set. A toothpick poked into the center should come out clean when it's done. Cool completely before frosting.
- Using the remaining 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture, frost bars. Cut into 20-24 pieces and enjoy!
*Original recipe from my cousin was from Taste of Home
(Creamy Lemon Cake Bars recipe)
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post.