Delicious, classic rice krispie treats cut into spooky, festive Halloween shapes and colored with chocolate coating. An easy no-bake Halloween rice krispie treat!
These cute little Halloween Rice Krispie Treats will put a smile on everyone’s face this Halloween.
They are so easy to make with just 4 ingredients and taste great!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE HALLOWEEN RICE KRISPIE TREATS:
- Rice Krispie cereal
- Candy Melts or colored white chocolate
HOW DID YOU CUT OUT YOUR SHAPES?
It’s so easy and fast to cut these cute shapes using cookie cutters.
We had a pumpkin, bat, and circle cookie cutter we used.
To make the triangle witch hats I cut a long (2.5″ x 10″) diagonally to make triangles. Using cookie cutters speeds up the process so much.
I’d recommend using cookie cutters. You can find some really cute ones here.
HOW LONG DO THEY TAKE TO MAKE?
If you’ve ever made classic rice krispie treats before, you know letting them cool takes the most time.
All in all, these Halloween Rice Krispie Treats ONLY took about 30 minutes to make.
To help the treats cool quicker, I popped them into the freezer until ready and again after we decorated them.
30 minutes for a yummy Halloween treat?! That’s a recipe you want to hang on to and enjoy every Halloween. 🙂
HOW MANY TREATS WILL THIS RECIPE MAKE?
This recipe will make a full cookie sheet of rice krispie treats.
Depending on how big your cookie cutters are or what shapes you choose, the yield amount will vary.
With the assortment of shapes we did, we ended up with about 2 dozen (not all of them ended up in the picture above.
HOW DO I MAKE THE ACTUAL RICE KRISPIE TREATS?
To make these treats, first, make the rice krispie treats.
The recipe is below.
Next, pour the mixed treats onto a greased cookie sheet. With greased hands, press treats down firmly.
Set aside (or set in the freezer for quicker cooldown).
Once the treats are firm and have cooled, cut treats into desired shapes.
We used Wilton’s Candy Melts to decorate our Halloween Rice Krispie Treats. They come in all different colors and are so easy to melt.
We put a few wafers into a baggie and microwaved for 15-30 seconds at a time until melted. This makes clean up a breeze.
If using a baggie, just snip the tip with a tiny hole. That will give you an easy-cleanup piping bag.
Pipe and decorate each treat as you like.
As you can see, we did black bats, orange pumpkins, white mummies, and purple witch hats. You could also do spiders, spider webs, broomsticks, ghosts, candy corns… there are so many options. Have fun with it and get creative.
Once the treats are made, set them aside to harden or pop them back into the freezer if you’re pressed for time.
MORE FUN IDEAS FOR RICE KRISPIE TREATS:
- make other holiday treats using different cookie cutters (Christmas tree, gingerbread man, ornament, holly, flowers, Easter eggs, shamrock, rainbow, animals, etc)
- as a “You’ve Been Booed!” treat
- dessert tonight
- Halloween party treat or take-home favor
BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN WITH THIS RECIPE!
I’d love to see your treats and plans for Halloween!
What will you be doing this Halloween? Trick-or-Treating? Designated door greeter and candy giver?
I’d love for you to leave me a comment. 🙂
FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE. ENJOY!
- 6 tbsp butter
- 12 oz marshmallows, mini or regular
- 12 oz rice krispie cereal
- candy melts, whatever colors you desire
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and marshmallows. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until smooth and melted. About 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in rice krispie cereal. Mix until all cereal is coated in marshmallow.
- Pour out onto GREASED cookie sheet. With greased hands, press down mixture firmly. Set aside or in the freezer for quicker cooldown. In the freezer, it should take about 15 minutes.
- Once firm and cooled, cut with cookie cutter shapes.
- Melt candy melts in the microwave (15-30 seconds at a time) until smooth. It only takes about 45 seconds to a minute. Snip a tiny hold in the tip of the bag. Pipe/decorate each treat as you desire.
- Set aside or pop back in the freezer until chocolate coating is hardened.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
OP: 10.24.18 Re-shared: 10.29.20
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. This comes at no cost to you. It just helps me keep the delicious recipes coming. 🙂