Oreo Turkey Cookies made with Reese’s Cups, candy corns, and M&Ms. A super fun, creative fall treat you can enjoy all season long. Ready in 15 minutes or less!
I’m always looking for fun dessert ideas through the holidays that my kids can help me with.
These cute oreo turkey cookies are a great fall treat you can make with your kids or grandkids. They will love them and dare I say it… you will too.
I’m obsessed with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and I love Oreo Cookies. Any time I can take two things I love and make something even better, I’m in!
These fun turkey cookies are it. Super fun and festive. Easy to make. Delicious. Ready in 15 minutes or less!
Just look how cute they are!
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE OREO TURKEY COOKIES?
You will need the following ingredients to make your own turkey oreo cookies:
- Oreo cookies
- Candy corns
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Red M&Ms
- Fall color M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces Candies
- Candy eyes
- Chocolate (melted for the “glue”)
HOW DO I MAKE OREO TURKEY COOKIES?
Cookies made with Oreos that look like little turkeys are really easy to make and taste delicious. Here’s how you make them.
- prepare your ingredients – you will need Oreo cookies of course, plus unwrapped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup candies, M&Ms and/or Reese’s Pieces, candy corns, candy eyes, and melted chocolate (for the glue).
- Using the melted chocolate as glue, attach a peanut butter cup (turkey head) onto the oreo cookie.
- Attach candy corns (feathers) or Reese’s Pieces onto the Oreo Cookie above the peanut butter cup using the melted chocolate.
- Using a very small amount of melted chocolate, attach the eyes and red M&M for the turkey wattle (the bumpy red skin that hangs on a turkey’s face).
PRO TIP #1: To speed up the process, place the turkey cookies in the refrigerator. This will help the chocolate “glue” to harden quicker.
LOOKING FOR MORE FUN FALL TREATS? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Reese’s Turkey Cookies
- Tiger Butter Bark
- Gourmet Caramel Apples for $1.50 or less!
- Frozen Pumpkin Dessert
HERE’S THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE. ENJOY!
Oreo Turkey Cookies
- 14.3oz Pg Regular Oreo Cookies (36 cookies)
- 10.5oz Share bag MINI Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (about 33 cups)
- 34 red M&Ms
- Candy corns or Reese's Pieces Candies
- 68 candy eyes
- about 1/4 cup chocolate, melted to use as glue
- Carefully melt a small amount of chocolate. Pour melted chocolate into a ziploc bag. Cut a very small hole in the tip. Use like a piping bag.
- Using the melted chocolate as glue, attach a peanut butter cup (turkey head) onto the oreo cookie. Line up one edge of the peanut butter cup with the edge of the cookie. This will give you room to add the candy "feathers."
- Using the melted chocolate, attach candy corns (feathers) or Reese's Pieces onto the Oreo Cookie above the peanut butter cup.
- Using a very small amount of melted chocolate, attach the eyes and red M&M for the turkey wattle (the bumpy red skin that hangs on a turkey's face).
To speed up the set time of the chocolate "glue" you can place the turkey cookies in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. This comes at no cost to you. It just helps me keep the delicious recipes coming.
Leave a Reply