Refreshing homemade lemonade made with fresh lemons and loaded with sweet strawberries. This Strawberry Lemonade recipe is sweet and easy!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade they say…
We are doing just that today but we are kicking it up a notch with this homemade fresh STRAWBERRY lemonade.
This will become a summer drink favorite on those hard-to-beat-the-heat days and warm summer nights.
Summer is the perfect time to make this bright strawberry lemonade.
Well, because lemons and strawberries are in season in most places within the US (we live in Utah).
Just this week I picked up 3 pounds of lemons for $4 and 2 pounds of strawberries for just under $2. These awesome deals made this lemonade recipe even sweeter!
Let’s get right to it.
My family (including my 4 little girls) aren’t very patient when it comes to lemonade. They don’t want to wait for me (aka mom) to make a simple syrup and frankly I don’t want to heat the kitchen up doing so.
We skip that and go for a no-boil method. Here’s why.
NO-BOIL HOMEMADE LEMONADE METHOD:
I prefer using a no-boil method when making homemade lemonade. This means I do not use simple syrup or heat the lemonade mixture. I use a blender to speed up the process of mixing and dissolving the sweetener (I prefer sugar in this recipe but you can also use honey or a zero-calorie sweetener).
This method is great for hot summer days when you don’t want to turn the stove on and heat up the house.
Blender method – puree and mix sweetener, lemon juice, and a small amount of water until sweetener is dissolved using a blender. Add ice and remaining water. Last, add washed and destemmed strawberries and pulse until small chunks form.
This process takes less than 5 minutes to make with few to no sugar crystals remaining.
For those of us that don’t want to heat up the house or spend a lot of time making lemonade that we can make in only a few minutes, why not.
With this method, the flavors also stay vibrant and fresh.
THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE LEMONADE INCLUDING THESE IF YOU DON’T HAVE A BLENDER OR WOULD LIKE A DIFFERENT OPTION:
- Cold stir until dissolved – use cold water and hand stir until sugar crystals are dissolved. This method takes more time and may not fully dissolve sugar crystals.
- Simple syrup method (boil and dissolve) – add water and sugar. Boil until sugar is dissolved. This method takes longer because you must bring water mixture to boil then cool before finishing the lemonade. I believe this is the most common method of making lemonade. It’s often referred to as the “simple syrup” method.
- Pressure cooker – Super easy but may change the flavor slightly as the lemon juice is heated with all the other ingredients.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO MAKE HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY LEMONADE:
This strawberry lemonade recipe is so good. Not only is it easy to make but it’s also reasonably inexpensive especially if you have a lemon tree, strawberry plants, or find some awesome summer deals as I did.
HERE’S A LIST OF THE INGREDIENTS AND MY COST:
Prices for supplies may vary depending on location and store you purchase groceries from. I try to shop bulk food stores, use coupons, watch ads and shop sales (like case lot), buy supplies in bulk to save money in the long run and use homegrown produce and herbs when available. These are a great way to stay within my grocery budget without sacrificing flavor or nutrition.
- Lemons (lemons on sale at Smith’s 3 pounds for $4) – $2.00
- Sugar – $0.12
- Stawberries (on sale at Smith’s $1.88 for 2 pounds) – $0.64
- Water/Ice – FREE
This strawberry lemonade recipe makes about 6 cups per batch. To make this, it cost me about $2.76. That’s less than 50¢ a cup. Not bad for homemade, fresh strawberry lemonade.
IF YOU LIKE THIS REFRESHING SUMMER RECIPE, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE:
- HOMEMADE BLACKBERRY LEMONADE POPSICLES
- FROZEN MINT LIMEADE
- HOMEMADE LEMON ICE CREAM
- SUGAR-FREE LEMONADE
- 100% FRUIT SMOOTHIE POPSICLES
Are you ready for the full printable recipe. I know I am! Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1-1.5 lbs)
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar (see notes)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 pound strawberries, rinsed and destemmed
- Place lemon juice, 1 cup water and sugar in blender. Blend 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved or very few crystals remain.
- Add remaining water and ice cubes. Blend for an additional 45-60 seconds.
- Last, add strawberries, PULSE 10-15 times until strawberries are pureed with some small chunks left.
Sugar substitutes for 1 cup sugar:
- 1 cup 1:1 zero calorie sweetener (read the package as some zero-calorie sweeteners are not 1 cup equivalent to 1 cup sugar. Sometimes they are 2:1 or even stronger)
- 1/2 cup honey
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 1g
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post.