Price Check ($)!
This buttermilk pancake dry mix is SOOOO cheap! Here’s the breakdown of what this recipe cost me. Prices of supplies may vary depending on location and store you purchase groceries from. I shop bulk food stores, use coupons, watch ads and shop sales (like case lot), and buy supplies in bulk to save on cost:
- Flour- $1.08
- Sugar – $0.20
- Baking powder- $0.04
- Baking soda- $0.08
- Salt- $0.02
That’s 13 cups of dry pancake mix for $1.42! That’s SOOO much cheaper than buying it in the store and it literally only takes 5 minutes to make. Save the trip to the store. For almost the price of your gas to get to the store you can make this homemade buttermilk pancake dry mix. Yay!!!
This dry pancake mix is also great in these other recipes:
- Easy Cinnamon Apple Streusel Muffins
- M&Ms Pancake Bites
- Sugar Sprinkled Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Easy Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
Here’s the full printable recipe for this Dry Pancake Mix. Enjoy!
Buttermilk Pancake Mix (dry mix)
Easy fluffy buttermilk pancake mix you can make ahead and have on hand. A quick and easy homemade fluffy breakfast pancake mix.
Dry Pancake Mix:
- 12 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp salt
TO COOK (makes about 8-9 5-inch pancakes):
- 1 1/2 cups dry pancake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup milk + 1 tbs vinegar or lemon juice, set aside 1-2 minutes to sour
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup oil vegetable, canola, etc
Dry Pancake Mix:
- Blend all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix. You want small lumps in the batter.
Pour batter (about a 4-inch round pancake) onto greased (butter or pan spray) heated skillet. Cook pancake on first side for 2-3 minutes or until several bubbles begin to surface on uncooked side.
Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Pancake is done when sides are golden brown and batter is cooked through.
Remove from heat. Top with your favorite syrup, fruit, or peanut butter.