IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE:
- Mint Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
- S’mores French Toast Bread Pudding
- No-Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Crockpot Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
Here’s the full printable recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 tbsp unflavored gelatin, 3 individual packs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppermint OIL, or 2 tsp peppermint EXTRACT
- 8-12 drops green food coloring
- Pour 1/2 cup cold water into stand mixer. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Allow to soften at least 10 minutes.
- Add water, corn syrup, salt, and sugar in medium-sized pot. Make sure to pour sugar into center of pot to avoid sugar crystals from getting on sides of pot.
- Heat over medium-high heat for about 6-8 minutes until mixture hits 240 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make an aluminum foil sling inside pan. For thinner marshmallows, use a 9x13 inch pan. For thicker marshmallows, use a 7x11 inch pan. Spray foil with oil spray to avoid sticking.
- Break up gelatin. With mixer on slow speed, slowly pour hot sugar mixture over gelatin.
- Turn mixer to fast and whip for 8 minutes. Mixture will become white, fluffy and shiny. Reduce speed and add color and flavoring.
- Return speed to fast and whip for an additional 2 to 4 minutes.
- Immediately pour marshmallow mixture into prepared pan. Smooth and let cool. As it sets the marshmallow will become firm. Allow to cool at room temperature for 4-6 hours or in freezer for 30-45 minutes or until set.
- Heavily sprinkle powdered sugar on top of marshmallow. Remove marshmallow from pan. Cut into desired shapes and sizes using warmed metal cookie cutters or a greased chef's knife.
- Store in an airtight container. Will last for 4-6 weeks in fridge or 1-2 weeks at room temperature.
- To make vanilla marshmallows, omit peppermint flavoring. Add 1 tablespoon high-quality vanilla.
- Make marshmallow pops by placing marshmallow on stick. Refrigerate for 1 hour then dip in melted chocolate. Add sprinkles for a fun, festive twist.
- Dip one side of marshmallow in chocolate and add sprinkles for a quick and easy festive treat.
- Add to hot cocoa for a minty twist.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g
OP: 3.12.18 Updated: 12.9.21