Cherry Chocolate Cookies – Tender cream cheese cookies filled with bits of maraschino cherries and chocolate chips! A perfect flavor combination for any occasion!
Cherry and chocolate are like peanut butter and jelly. Chocolate chips and cookies. Rain and sunshine. They’re a fabulous flavor combination that will bring happiness to your mouth. Mix those flavors into a tender creamy cream cheese cookie and it’s like magic.
These tender pretty pink cookies are delicious. Perfect for the holidays or Valentine’s day with bits of bright red cherry pieces and chunks of chocolate baked right in. A fabulous cookie treat to share. It will be love at first sight for all the cherry chocolate fans in your life!
IF YOU LIKE THIS CHERRY RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE:
- Cherry Cheesecake Pinwheels
- Lemon Cream Cheese Filled Cherry Bread
- 5-Minute Cherry No-Bake Cheesecake
- Fresh cherry Limeade Popsicles
- Cherry Heart Cream Cheese Cookies
With its vibrate red colors, this cookie is great for all occasions but extra special for:
- Valentine’s Day
- New Years
Cherry Chocolate Cookies = Easy and Delicious!
These cookies only take about 30 minutes to make. They’re really easy and cheap to whip up. This recipe will make 2 1/2 to 3 dozen cookies when using a size 40 cookie scoop. Don’t already have this size? This scoop is most similar to the one I use.
PRO TIP: to eliminate extra moisture that can alter the recipe and how this cookie bakes, after chopping the maraschino cherries, spread them on a paper towel. Dab the top to remove extra moisture. This will help the dough stay firm enough to scoop and release when you get ready to form the cookie dough.
PRICE CHECK ($):
Here’s the break down of how much this recipe cost me for the ingredients. Prices for ingredients may vary depending on location and store you purchase groceries from. I shop bulk food stores, use coupons, watch ads and shop sales (like case lot), and buy supplies in bulk to save on cost:
- Cream cheese – $1.29
- Butter – $0.50
- Sugar – $0.19
- Eggs – $0.24
- Vanilla – $0.18
- Flour – $0.23
- Baking powder – $0.02
- Salt – >$0.01
- Maraschino cherries – $1.05
- Chocolate chips – $1.12
Total cost for supplies: $4.83
I was able to make these cookies for about $0.13 per cookie. Not too shabby! That’s a cheap dessert in my book.
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
Find the full printable recipe below. Enjoy!
Cherry Chocolate Cookies
Tender cream cheese cookies filled with bits of maraschino cherries and chocolate chips! A perfect cookie flavor combination for any occasion!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5-10 drops red food coloring optional but so fun
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries (about 15-20 cherries) chopped small and drained
- 1 cup chocolate chips regular or mini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy (1-2 minutes).
- Add eggs, vanilla, and red food coloring (optional but so fun).
- Next, add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt). Mix until dough forms. The dough will be soft but still able to come out of a cookie scoop.
- Fold in chopped cherries and chocolate chips
- Using a size 40 cookie scoop, place 12-15 cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Gently press top of cookie down to flatten to 3/4 to 1 inch high.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-13 minutes. Bottoms should begin to brown, peaks on the top of the cookie may start browning but the whole cookie should not be brown.
- If over baked the cookies will go dry and crumbly.
- Remove and place on cooling rack or paper towel.
PRO TIP: after chopping the cherries, spread on a paper towel and dab top with another paper towel. This will eliminate extra moister that can affect the cookies.
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. This comes at no cost to you. It just helps me keep the delicious recipes coming. 🙂