Cinnamon Apple Bread Pudding – an easy bread pudding recipe filled with sweet cinnamon swirl bread and granny smith apples. A perfect warm apple dessert to serve after any meal!This warm cinnamon apple bread pudding recipe is easy, quick and a perfect apple dessert for any occasion. It pairs perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or drizzle of cream. Layers of custard-y sweet cinnamon bread and chunks of tart Granny Smith apples make this a wonderful dessert to share after any meal. Summer, spring, fall or winter, this delicious apple dessert is timeless and one of our family favorites. Apples and cinnamon were made for each other. Tart apples with a sweet cinnamon kick are one of our favorite flavor combinations around here. There’s something so comforting about those flavors together that keeps us coming back for more.
If you are a CINNAMON APPLE fan you might also like these OTHER RECIPES!
- Easy Cinnamon Apple Crumb Streusel Muffins
- Moist Walnut Applesauce Cookies
- 15-Minute Cinnamon Muffins
- Gourmet Caramel Apples (the caramel apple pie flavor is my FAVORITE!!!)
- Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
BEST APPLE FOR BAKING:There are so many kinds of apples to choose from these days but when it comes to baking with apples, make sure to use a kind good for baking. We love to use Granny Smith apples in our baked goods because they have a tart but very apple-y flavor. They also cook well, holding their shape when baked and don’t release as much water as some other varieties. Other apples that bake well would be: Pink Lady – a sweet, tart apple that will retain its shape when cooked. Great apple flavor, fresh or baked! Honeycrisp – a very crisp texture when fresh holds up during baking. They are great to eat fresh or using in baking. Braeburn – this is the apple with super concentrated flavor. It can get a little juicy when baked but not mushy. It’s a great apple to pair with strong flavors like cinnamon. Jonagold – a tart but still sweet apple. This variety of apple doesn’t tend to store well but will do fabulous in the oven. They’re usually in their peak during early fall.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF BAKING APPLE?
Here’s the full printable recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb (16oz) cinnamon swirl bread, cubed
- 3 granny smith apples, Peeled, cored, small cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 Tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, this milk is different than evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray, place cubed bread and apples.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over bread and apples.
- Gently press bread down to fully saturate.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes. When done the bread pudding will begin to puff up in the center. This helps us know the eggs have cooked. It will be soft and slightly gooey but not runny.
- Serve warm with ice cream or cream.