HERE’S THE RECIPE FOR THESE CUTE MINI TURNOVERS:
- 1 17.3oz box frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 18-21 can pie filling (cherry, apple, blueberry, etc), cut into small 1/4 inch chunks
- Egg wash, 1 egg and a few drops of water whisked together
- Simple Vanilla Icing, store-bought or homemade (1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 Tbs cream or milk)
- Thaw puff pastry according to box instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 equal squares (3x3)
- Add 1-2 tablespoons pie filling to each square. Fold diagonal corners to form a triangle.
- Using fork tines and crimp edges to seal.
- Place 9 mini turnovers onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Brush tops with egg wash.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-18 minutes or until turnovers are golden brown.
- Let cool completely (at least 30 minutes), then pipe simple vanilla icing on top.
- For easy cleanup, use a ziploc bag or disposable piping bag with a 1/4 inch hole cut in the tip to pipe ice onto turnovers.
- To add a fun game day touch, pipe a long straight line of icing with a few shorter lines perpendicular to it. This will make your mini turnovers look like a mini football.
- Bake in two sessions. If you prepare all turnovers at the same time, bake half immediately and place the other half in the fridge until you're ready to put them in the oven. This will ensure that the fat in the puff pastry dough will stay cold (which allows the dough to bake up light and flaky).
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE:
- Classic Eclairs
- Easy Reuben Bombs
- Pepper Relish Cheese Spread
- Easy Salmon Appetizer – Keto-friendly
- Honey Cinnamon Glazed Pecans
Pages: Page 1 Page 2