Easy homemade egg noodles tossed in a simple garlic butter sauce, cherry tomatoes, and fresh-cut chiffonade basil. This easy Garlic Butter Pasta is a fresh summertime favorite that can be ready in about 30 minutes.
Have you ever made homemade egg noodles? They are so easy to make, are extremely filling, and taste great. Pair these simple noodles with a garlic butter sauce, fresh tomatoes and basil… you’ve got yourself a perfect summer time meal.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BUTTER NOODLES:
For my family, this Garlic Butter Pasta recipe is a favorite no-meat Monday or garden-fresh summer time meal. It can be ready in about 30 minutes and is light, fresh and so delicious. It’s very easy to make. You may already have the ingredients you need.
This recipe is quite simple. You will need the following ingredients:
- Green onion
- Tomatoes – we prefer cherry or grape tomatoes
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Siracha – optional if you’d like to add a little heat
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE EGG NOODLES:
The heart of this recipe, the homemade egg noodles, are the most simple and satisfying part of the dish. Egg noodles are made with salt, flour and, you guessed it, eggs. Once mixed together, a simple dough will form.
The dough is rolled out then cut into long stripes. You can choose to dry the noodles or cook immediately.
Usually we’re to hungry and impatient to dry the noodles and choose to cook them right away. Although we have made them both ways you can do either. The ability to dry the noodles makes it a great make-ahead meal.
HOW DO I COOK HOMEMADE EGG NOODLES?
Like most pasta, these egg noodles are cooked in salted boiling water. Simply bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add a tablespoon or so of salt then add the fresh pasta.
If cooking fresh (not dried) these noodles will be ready in 4-5 minutes. You will know they are done when they begin to float.
Drain the water then add to the garlic butter sauce.
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE?
If you can pull double duty, while the egg noodles are cooking, add the butter, garlic and onion to a skillet or pot and sauté. This will only take a couple of minutes. Make sure the pot or pan you choose is large enough for the entire dish as this is where you will finish the pasta.
That’s it for the sauce!
NOTE: If you like a little spicy kick with your food, try adding up to 1 teaspoon of siracha. This will offer a note of spiciness. Alternatively, you can also add a pinch or two of red chili flakes if siracha is not on hand.
FINISHING THE GARLIC BUTTER NOODLES:
Once the noodles have been drained, add them to the garlic butter sauce along with the tomatoes. Toss until the homemade pasta is well coated and the tomatoes are warmed through. Sprinkle with fresh basil, salt and pepper to taste. It’s ready!
FRESH VS DRY BASIL:
In a dish like this Garlic Butter Pasta, there is no replacement for fresh basil. If you can’t get your hands on a fresh basil plant or basil leaves in the fresh produce you can try the fresh squeeze tubes usually located near the refrigerated salad supplies in most grocery stores.
If none of these are an option you can use dry basil but fair warning, it won’t be as good. When using dried basil add this into the garlic sauce to help heat and release flavor. When using fresh add at the end.
ARE YOU A PASTA LOVER? YOU MAY ALSO LOVE THESE RECIPES:
- Spicy Sausage & Olive Pasta
- Easy Garden Fresh Italian Pasta Salad
- Lasagna Pizza Roll Ups
- Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
- Easy No-Boil Spinach & Cheese Manicotti
HERE’S THE FULL PRINTABLE GARLIC BUTTER PASTA RECIPE. ENJOY!
Homemade Egg Noodles:
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 Tbs all-purpose flour, about 225 g
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
Garlic Butter Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter, salted
- 2 Tbs fresh garlic, minced
- 4 Tbs green onion, about 2-3 green onions
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp siracha or 1-2 pinches red chili flakes, optional
Homemade Egg Noodles:
- Place large pot of water on stove over high heat. While water is coming to a boil make the noodles.
- In a bowl, blend salt and flour together. Add eggs and milk. Mix until dough forms into a ball.
- Pour out onto flour-dusted surface and knead until smooth (2-3 minutes). Add additional flour if sticking to hands.
- Place in bowl and cover. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Divide in two parts. Roll out to 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick and cut into 1/4 inch wide strips. Place on floured surface until ready to cook.
- Add salt to water if desired (1/2 to 1 tablespoon). Add raw noodles to boiling pot of water. Allow them to cook 3-5 minutes until they begin to float.
Garlic Butter Sauce:
- In a large skillet or pot, add butter, garlic and green onion. Sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add red chili flakes or siracha (optional).
- Add cooked, drained egg noodles and tomatoes. Toss to coat. Heat until tomatoes are just warmed.
- Sprinkle in fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Fresh basil is best. Fresh basil puree would be good. Dry basil is not recommended but if that's what you choose to use, add into the garlic butter sauce to help release the flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 920mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 13g