If you like this recipe, you may also like these:
- 5-Minute Cherry Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Cherry Cheesecake Pinwheels
- Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake
Here’s the full printable recipe. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Layers of crisp sweet n' salty pretzel crust, rich creamy vanilla cheesecake, homemade caramel and a sprinkle of sea salt. A decadent dessert made right in the Instant Pot!
- 75 grams pretzels about 3/4 cup crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1/4 butter melted
Vanilla Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese room temp.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temp.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- 1/2 cup Softened Caramel homemade recipe or about 14-15 small caramel squares with 1 Tbs cream-microwave 15-45 seconds, stir until combined
- coarse or flakes sea salt
- Combine crushed pretzels, sugar, and flour together. Add melted butter. Using a fork, mix until dry ingredients are moist and will hold together. Press mixture into parchment-lined 7-inch springform or cheesecake pan. Set aside until cheesecake mixture is ready.
Vanilla Cheesecake Filling:
- Lightly beat cream cheese to break up. Add sour cream and sugar. Blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and cornstarch. Beat only until combined - don't over mix.
- Scrap side of bowl.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared pan (over pretzel crust).
- Carefully tap pan onto counter or table to release any large air bubbles.
- Place wire rack in bottom of Instant Pot. Add 1 cup cold water.
- Using a tinfoil sling, carefully lower cheesecake into Instant Pot. Secure lid and set pressure release to close.
- Cook cheesecake for 30 minutes using manual HIGH pressure. When timer beeps turn Instant Pot OFF. Let cheesecake natural release (depressurize and cool without manually releasing pressure). This will take 10-20 minutes.
- Once pressure has released, open lid carefully without dripping condensation from lid onto cheesecake.
- Gently dab top of cheesecake with a paper towel to remove liquid that may be on the surface.
- Remove and set on wire rack to cool. Once it has cooled to room temperature, refrigerate for 2-4 hours. This will help it become firm.
- Once the cheesecake has become firm, carefully add softened caramel to top. Try this amazing homemade caramel recipe or use store bought caramel squares (14-15 caramel + 1 Tbs cream to soften).
Sprinkle caramel with coarse or flakes of sea salt.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use a warm clean knife to get smooth cuts through the caramel and cheesecake.
- Need a CARAMEL RECIPE? Find my favorite one HERE!
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post.