A raspberry dessert made with raspberry jello, raspberries, and whipped topping. These Raspberry Delight Cups are simple yet delicious and elegant enough for any occasion.
If you’re looking for a yummy dessert (or salad) bursting with fresh raspberry flavor and creamy goodness, this raspberry delight cups recipe is for you!
Occasionally, we enjoy jello as a salad/side dish with Sunday dinner or as a dessert (in this case).
Last Sunday I was getting ready to do our regular jello with fruit and cool whip (salad). The jello I was using had a recipe on the side of the box to make a trifle (similar to this but on a large scale – one glass container).
I thought, why not make it pretty and elegant in individual glasses? I believe mini is funner and individual seems a little more special.
That’s what we did and they turned out so yummy with very little work!
SHOULD I USE COOL WHIP TOPPING OR WHIPPED CREAM?
For this recipe I used cool whip topping as that’s what I had on hand but if you have heavy whipping cream, you can use that in its place.
You’ll want about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of whipping cream (it will whip up to 4 cups or so).
I prefer the flavor of cream but the cost and convenience of frozen cool whip topping. You can decide which one to use based on your preference.
HOW DO I GET WELL DEFINED LAYERS IN RASPBERRY DELIGHT CUPS:
This dessert is soooo easy! You will mix part of the jello fruit mixture with the cool whip topping (or cream) then spoon equal amounts into your glasses then add equal amounts of the jello fruit mixture to the top.
I made 8 cups. My cups were 6 oz glasses. They are actually old Oui yogurt glasses.
The mixtures are thick enough they don’t run or ooze into each other. They a firm when you spoon the mixtures into the glasses and continue to set as they are chilled.
ARE YOU A FAN OF JELLO?
Do you like jello for dessert or during dinner as a side dish or salad?
LOOKING FOR MORE LIGHT AND AIRY DESSERTS? YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE:
- 3-INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- EASY STRAWBERRY MOUSSE
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE
- RASPBERRY MOUSSE
- LEMON CREAM PUFFS
FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE:
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 - 6 oz box raspberry jello
- 1 - 8 oz tub Cool Whip Topping (can be found in the freezer aisle by the frozen fruit) See Notes*
- 12 oz frozen raspberries
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 1/2 cup water until very hot (about 1 1/2 to 3 minutes depending on how cold the water was when starting).
- Add raspberry jello to boiling water. Stir for 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Add frozen raspberries to jello mixture.
- What a few minutes until jello mixture cools and begins to thicken. Once it has thickened, pour 1 cup of the mixture into a new bowl.
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 of the Cool Whip to the 1 cup of jello mixture. Fold in carefully until mixed.
- Add equal amounts of creamy cool whip mixture into bottom of each glass.
- Carefully spoon equal amounts of jello mixture on top of creamy cool whip mixture.
- Put remaining cool whip in piping bag with star tip. Pipe cool whip topping swirl on each cup of raspberry jello delight.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- You can substitute whipped cream for cool whip topping. Whip 1 1/2 to 2 cups heavy whipping cream with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar until stiff peaks. Use in place of cool whip topping.