Slow Cooker Rosemary Beef Stew
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Rosemary Beef Stew is a great choice for a busy day when you don't have a lot of time to slave over the stove but want a hot meal to hit the dinner table. Full of the classic beef stew flavors and a hint of fresh rosemary.
- 1 1/2-2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 carrots, diced, about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups russet/red potatoes, diced, about 1 lb
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, fresh or frozen
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- cornstarch slurry, (3 Tablespoons cornstarch, 1/3 cup cold water)
- Add beef stew meat, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, green beans, beef broth and rosemary in slow cooker or crockpot. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Cook on high 4-5 hours until meat and veggies are tender.
- Add cornstarch slurry, stir and cook an additional 30 minutes until broth has thickened into a thin gravy.
- Add parsley before serving.
Leave a Reply