Creamy Crockpot Ham & Potato Soup
Yield: 4-5 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 25 minutes
Creamy in nature and full of potatoes, ham and yummy veggies, this Creamy Crockpot Ham & Potato Soup is a time-saving delicious meal the whole family will love.
- 1 1/2 cups ham, chunked
- 3 cups red potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream, or milk if preferred
- cornstarch slurry, (2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1/4 cup cold water)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large crockpot add ham, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery and chicken broth. Cook on high 3-4 hours (or low for 5-6 hours until veggies and potatoes are tender.
- Add cream and cornstarch slurry. Cook an additional 20-30 minutes until broth has thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Storage: freeze leftover (2-3 months) or refrigerate (5-7 days).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 1660mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 18g
Awe, thanks Shelley!
shelley walton says
This is the best ever i like the way you talk you make it fun and easy, Thank you for your time.
Becky Kendall says
This is such a yummy soup. I love the convenience of the crockpot. Start it in the morning and it’s ready when I get home from work.