Savory Philly Cheesesteak Rolls stuffed with the classic beef, onions, and peppers. Handheld, flavorful & perfect for game day or a top-notch Superbowl party!
These Philly Cheesesteak Rolls are like flavor bombs that explode with deliciousness the second you bite into them.
The inspiration for this recipe came from my sister-in-law’s dad and I’m SOOO happy he shared his success with me. Thanks, Kim!
The rolls are soft. The filling is cheesy and SOOO flavorful. If those aren’t enough, they’re handheld which means they’re perfect for a crowd!
These Philly Cheesesteak Bombs of deliciousness are a great appetizer or main dish for any game day or Superbowl party. With easy prep and hot delivery, you and your guests will be sent straight to game day food heaven.
HOW TO MAKE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK STUFFED ROLLS
START WITH THE FILLING!
The filling is really easy. It’s actually made the same way as in this Giant Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich.
Start by sauteing the veggies and browning the meat.
Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Finish cooking through. Once cooked through, sprinkle the flour over the meat mixture and stir. This will thicken the juices and create a flavorful gravy/sauce.
PRO TIP #1: Make sure to use at less 85/15 (meat/fat ratio) lean ground beef. Using higher fat content meat will increase fat and grease in your mixture as you do not drain off excess fat.
Ground beef comes in a lot of different ratios. Do not use ground beef with more than 15% fat content.
Once the flour has been mixed in and the juices have thickened, stir in the shredded cheese. Remove mixture from heat.
STUFF THE ROLLS!
Stretch out roll dough, place a small piece of provolone cheese then a scoop of warm meat mixture, top with another piece of provolone. Fold edges into itself and twist together to seal. Please sealed side down on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
PRO TIP #2: When stretching and flattening the dough, make sure there are no thin spots or holes in the middle of the dough. This may cause leakage when cooking.
HOW DO I GET A GOLDEN BROWN OR SHINY EXTERIOR ON THE ROLLS?
PRO TIP #3: For a shinier golden brown top, brush unbaked rolls with an egg wash. Egg wash = 1 egg + 1 Tbs water. Beat then using a basting brush, brush onto the top side of the roll.
For a more flavorful exterior with less shine but still golden brown, brush with simple garlic butter before or after baking. Simple Garlic Butter = 2 Tbs melted butter + 1/2 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp garlic powder + a little sprinkle of dried parsley flakes.
Place 12 stuffed rolls on a cookie sheet then bake at 350 ºF for about 20 minutes.
The rolls will come out golden brown, hot and full of delicious savory filling. The cheese will be ooey, gooey and the rolls will be puffed and round.
PERFECT GAMEDAY FOOD!
These bundles of tasty goodness are a perfect addition to any game day or Superbowl spread. Seriously!
What says football more than a cheesy, Philly Cheesesteak filled roll! So good and everyone will love them.
A full recipe will make 2 dozen stuffed rolls. That a solid number for any in house football party!
WHO WILL YOU BE SHARING THESE FLAVORFUL STUFFED PHILLY CHEESESTEAK ROLLS WITH?
FIND THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE:
- 1 lb lean ground beef (15% fat or less)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt, additional to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, additional to taste
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or cheddar jack blend
- 24 Texas Rhodes Rolls, find them in the frozen food section of most grocery stores, they're the larger rolls
- 12 slices provolone cheese, cut into 1/4th
- garlic butter or egg wash
- Add meat, onions and pepper to pan and brown.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic. Cook through. Taste. Add additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture. Stir in and let cook. Juices will thicken into a sauce.
- Remove from heat. Add shredded cheese. Mix until melted.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Carefully stretch roll dough into small circles. Add 1/4 piece of provolone cheese, 2 Tbs meat mixture then another 1/4 piece of provolone. Bring edges together, pinch and twist to seal. Make sure there are no thin spots or holes in dough.
- Please 12 rolls on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Brush with egg wash (shiny finish) or garlic butter (browned but not shiny).
- Bake at 350ºF for about 20 minutes or until rolls are cooked through and tops are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
This is auto generated based on ingredients list. It may not be fully accurate.
*This post contains affiliate links. In order to support this blog and continue providing free content, I may receive a commission from purchases you make through the links in this post. This comes at no cost to you. It just helps me keep the delicious recipes coming. 🙂