Easy Blueberry Muffins – moist vanilla muffins loaded with fresh blueberries and sprinkled with sugar. A sweet 30-minute breakfast, snack or dessert blueberry lovers will enjoy!These sweet muffins are moist and loaded with blueberry goodness. Not only do they taste delicious, but they’re also so easy to make. One of the best parts about this recipe… you can have a batch of these scrumptious muffins ready in 30 minutes! That’s like a win, win, WIN!!! This muffin recipe is very enjoyable for those of you who don’t care for an overly sweet blueberry muffin. If you like those muffins that are really heavy and sweet (more like a cake), you might not like these. This blueberry muffin recipe is so yummy but not overly sweet. They remind me of a really sweet blueberry pancake in a muffin form. This is one of those recipes I throw a little of this and a little of that in a bowl and crossed my fingers it would come out okay. To our benefit, they baked up even better than I hoped for and now, here I am telling you, you need to try them. I made a double chocolate muffin at the same time that turned out great too. If you’re a chocolate lover, go check them out. The recipes I “wing” don’t always turn out this good but when they do I love to share the recipe. Hopefully, you like them as much as we did.
If you like muffins you may also like these other delicious muffin recipes:
- Mini Cinnamon Muffins
- Cream Cheese French Toast Muffins
- Flaxseed Bran Muffins
- Sugar-Sprinkled Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Pancake Mix Cinnamon Apple Crumb Streusel Muffins
You’re blueberry muffins look tall. Do I need a special muffin tin to make this recipe?No, you don’t need a “special” muffin tin. I did bake this batch in a silicone muffin tray with deep cups but this recipe (the bake time) is to make about 12 regular size muffins using a regular 12-count muffin tin. If you’re interested in silicone muffin trays here’s a link to ones that are similar to the size and type I have. You can actually make this recipe into mini muffins also. You’ll need to adjust the bake time as mini muffins will bake quicker. I’d check them at 9-10 minutes then every couple of minutes after that until they’re done. I haven’t tried this recipe as minis but would guess they would only take 10-14 minutes to bake.
I DON’T HAVE PLAIN GREEK YOGURT, IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE I CAN USE?If you don’t have plain Greek yogurt on hand, you can you can replace it with sour cream or vanilla yogurt (greek or regular). If you don’t have any of those, this recipe will turn out fine also using oil in place of yogurt or sour cream. I like adding greek yogurt to breakfast baked goods because it adds extra protein and moisture. I prefer plain yogurt over vanilla or flavored yogurts because it gives me the added benefits listed above without added sugar or sweetness.
PRICE CHECK ($):These easy blueberry muffins are so delicious for breakfast (or a snack or dessert) and they’re cheap to make at home. Prices of supplies may vary depending on location and store you purchase groceries from. I shop bulk food stores, use coupons, watch ads and shop sales (like case lot), buy supplies in bulk to save on cost and use produce and herbs from our garden when available. Here’s the list of ingredients with my cost:
- Flour – $0.18
- Sugar – $0.08
- Salt – $0.01
- Baking soda – $0.02
- Baking powder – $0.01
- Vanilla extract – $0.18
- Egg – $0.12
- Plain Greek yogurt – $0.36
- Blueberries – $1.25 (on sale at a local farmers market)
How would you enjoy these easy blueberry muffins? As a breakfast, dessert or snack?Here’s the full printable recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, + more to sprinkle on top
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 6 oz whole fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 12 count regular muffin tin with nonstick spray or pan spray to avoid muffins sticking to tin.
- In a mixing bowl, blend dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).
- Add wet ingredients (vanilla, egg, milk, yogurt) and mix only until incorporated.
- Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Using a #20 scoop (0.2 cups or about 3 tablespoons), fill each muffin cup with batter (about 3/4 full).
- Sprinkle sugar or large sugar sprinkles on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick poked in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for 2-3 minutes then remove.